He's not used to dating a thick girl?

Okay, I'm going through some self esteem issues. I admit. My boyfriends tells me all the time that he likes skinny girls and girls who are slim. Well, I'm not "skinny" I guess you could say. And he's even told me that. I've cried numerous nights because I think I'm so unattractive. I talked to him about it a couple times. He said he liked my body the way it is but still I don't believe him because I don't think he's attracted to my body type. I'm even trying to lose weight because I feel uncomfortable and fat in my skin. He said I looked (and I'm quoting this too. These are his own words) "that you looked so petite and sexy when you were skinny". I think that is most shallow thing I have ever heard. Do you think I should break it off with him? I'm tired of feeling not good enough.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all you have to ask yourself what kind of guy would tell his girlfriend the disgusting things he has said to you. That is blatently disrespectful. I think that he is porbably insecure and trying to make you feel insecure too. If he thinks you are big and thinks you were prettier skinny and likes skinny girls then he needs to go find one. You need to break up with him asap and find someone that loves your body and who you are. Your signifigant other is supposed to make you feel sexy, confident, safe, and loved. He isn't doing any of those things so drop him and allow a good guy to make you feel that way.

• Thank you so much. I totally agree with you.

• Thank you. I just can't stand it that kind of crap. You are a really pretty girl and no one has the right to make you feel any less than what you are. Don't worry. You're gunna find a good guy that is actually worth your time. Just make sure not to settle for a douche bag in the mean time. ;-)

• Lol, I wont. Your advice was much needed :) And thank you. You're very pretty too.

What Guys Said 2

• Fat?...So if you're fat then I'm obese and I'm toned. You're not fat at all, in my opninion your pretty close to that perfect healthy weight. You're not so skinny that I could push you and you'd snap but you're not big at all. Leave his ass, he's simply retarded, nuff said.

Hope it helps :)

• Thank you so much. That made me feel a lot better about the situation :)

• Good:). I just say the truth though babe (pet name), needless to say you're pretty, and you have a nice body. If I wasn't in a relationship and I lived in the same town as you, I'd do my best to get to know you because you seem to be a common case, which is a pretty girl with the jerk for the b.f. Find a guy that cares about you. It won't be hard :) Just look where you haven't looked, the nice guys are all around :p lol.

• first if he can say that to you then he's not good enuff for you you can't let him tell you things like that I've seen your pics and you are a very beautiful girl. and you should never let him out you down like that.. the next time he does it tell him you don't have to take things like that because your to beautiful to be put down by him

What Girls Said 5

• what are you talking about? you're like a size 2 or 4! I can see your hip bones in your photo. either those are old photos and you've gained 70lb or you've got a problem with body dismorphic disorder.

• iI'm confused because you look skinny in your photos...

• The problem isn't your body, it is that you are dating someone who is not in to your "flavor". He's also a turkey for the way he is going about this, but it happens. When we have one shape when we meet and later our figure changes it is not uncommon, especially when we are young, to want our partner to go back to the way they were when we met.

Overall this is not a cool situation. You are not happy, he is not bringing out the best in you, so you need to tell him bye, bye, bye.

• Yeah I guess you have a point.

• I am in my 40's, trust me, in a relationship the most important thing is that you both bring out the best in each other. Yes, you can have your off moments, but in the end if someone is constantly focused on you in a negative way you can either 1) agree that you want to change and do it or 2) know that it isn't going to happen and you need to move on.

• have you looked at yourself? you're itsy bitsy. how could he have dated someone LESS skinny than you?! I'll bet you wear XS or S in tops.

• Well judging just from the pic you have up. you're skinny as f*ck. excuse my french. You need to grow up a little and accept yourself for who you are and not give a sh*t what some guy thinks. Tell him if he doesn't like the way you look then he can go f*ck himself(excuse my french again please) and find another chick. I would lose him asap and not date for awhile, and by awhile I mean until you are confident and mature enough in your own skin. Also, when that time comes try not to pick a dousch bag.