My girlfriend is ugly and I only dated her because I was insecure. Now I'm way too good for her. How do I dump her without hurting her feelings?

When I asked out my girlfriend a year ago i was very insecure with myself and fat and had no style.

I started going to the gym and reading up on men's fashion. I lost a lot of weight and look really handsome.

But my girlfriend is a 6 at best. I'm at least an 8. I want to find a better looking girlfriend since I earned it. How do I dump her without hurting her feelings?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well girls always say they should stay in their league. So follow their advice.

• Makes sense. At least she should be close to my level. On a normal day she's a 5 and I'm an 8. I'm out of her league.

• LOL! O! mg thats gotta hurt 😵😵😲

• Are you stupid? She was in his league. And now I hope he has no one.

What Girls Said 52

• Your girlfriend loved and supported you when you had nothing going for you visually and now you've become "better looking", you want a better looking girlfriend. Can you not put your shallowness aside and realise that this girl you have has been your rock and loved you for who you really are to this day? She sounds like a gem and I think you'll only realise it until you've lost her. She can do better so yeah you should leave her and be totally honest for your reasons why (don't call her ugly though), it'll make it easier for her to move on.

• Baby.. that was so heart touching xoxoxo
      I juz fell in luv with u 💋

• "I juz fell in luv with u"

Sorry for taking the "with u" and "baby" part as a direct towards me. Maybe you should word things better like saying "I just fell in love with your opinion". (y)

• Exactly!! That was a great opinion! 👌

• The only ugly person I see here is you. Why are you anonymous? Let's see how gorgeous you really are. Lol. I wouldn't date a guy like you, no matter how "gorgeous" you think you are. Smfh.

• I would like to punch you in the face right now.
    How can you be so immature and stupid?
    If you dont like her or dont love her anymore tell her that, but you can't say she doesn't deserve an handsome guy like you and she's a 6 at her best and you're an a least an 8... how could you say and even think like that? After all these years when she stood by your side even though YOU WERENT HANDSOME AT ALL? She could look good too and if she changed her looks and you remained the way you used too, how would you felt if she did the same think to you?
    You may look good outside, but you're a trash inside, and you'll always be, despide the good looking women you'll date and how good looking you'll be.

• Threat of violence! Calling me mean names!

You're a bully!

• @ClassyBabe You are exactly right and not a bully like he says. You're merely telling the truth and he can't handle it. I would like to thank you for that burn and major verbal spanking you gave this child. Only a little boy would say something like that, not a man.

• "You're a bully!" ... Go cry us a river ,,, asshole.

• 9|3
    • Bish wipe dat cream off yo face

• Douche alert douche alert!

• If the only thing you can about is how someone looks then she's the one who deserves better and you deserve to be single. She stayed with you when you weren't amazing or anything.

• I think that is just an idiotic thing to do, nobody is better than anyone, certainly not you lol i think she deserves better so i think dump her and let her find someone better. Also a "pretty", "hot" girl mostly isn't always nice inside... many girls define themselves by their looks and join into all the "popularity" dumb ass stuff... but they become bad people because to be "popular" you have to outcast and bully others... i think you need a good long period of soul searching and learning more about the world before commiting to anything serious. I feel that maybe your issues are more about commiting to girl than the fact they may be "ugly".

• Are you sure you're "really handsome"? Because you sound like one of those guys who assume that they're all that, but actually just look like jerks. Don't waste your gf's time if you don't want her, she obviously needs someone who can love her and treat her the way she needs to be treated. I honestly hope you get a hot bitch who treats you like shit.

• It's better to be alone than be with someone you don't love. It's obvious you don't love her, so the sooner you break up the better for both of you. You say you deserve someone prettier, and she deserves someone who 'll love her unconditionally. Tell her you want to break up because you don't love her and she deserves someone who will.

• Seriously it sounds to me like she has the heart of gold and is beautiful because of it. She loved you unconditionally. Good luck finding another girl that will love you regardless of how you look. Women aren't possessions to be thrown aside like a old shoe. We're people, if you ask me, she deserves better if you're really that shallow. I don't care IF, that's a big if, you do look like a 10. You have a 1 personality meaning you're a 1 to me no matter what you physically look like.

• Are you fucking kidding me? By what you just wrote she's better off without you. Do HER a favor and leave her so she can find someone better please. My god, what an ungrateful prick.

• This is really sad, if you've been dating her for over a year, looks shouldn't matter that much. You sould love someone for who they are not what they look like. I would definitely say break up with her though. You don't want to be in a relationship with someone you don't truly love and it would be better for y'all to break up.

• You are not above anyone by any standard. She should break up with you for attaining a big head and being Vain. Its sad that you are around my age but you make choices based on looks. Just remember that you get what you give in this world. Its ridiculous that you would even rate yourself and your significant other smh.

• I think she deserves way better, she's nice and kind yet you are an asshole to her? You may claim to be handsom but i seriously doubt it. Your personality is very ugly and not deserving of the 8 you lable on yourself, maybe a 3 at best. Break up with her nicely and dont you dare bring your big fluffing ego into it and say you look better then her. say she isn't the one or you can't see yourself with her anymore.

• Stop tainting my nose with your obvious troll stench.

• Well, aren't you a little, prideful, narcissistic, dumbo. That's something terrible to say about a woman, she's probably already going through a lot having to date you.

But anyway, I didn't come here to critize so. What I would do is this, take her out somewhere, but tell her its not a date and that you just want to hang out with her. (Movies, outside dine-in, etc.) No where fancy but still romantic. After you've finished your friendly date, drive her home, and before she leaves say something like this. "So, I've really been enjoying our time together. And I really think that your a great person, but for me, its just not working out, I think we should go our separate ways." Dont just say right away "I'm breaking up with you because your ugly as shit" but be sympathetic, at the same time get your point across. And if she gives you crap, just smile politely and tell her to get out of your car, and go home and rest. The next day call her and talk to her about why your breaking up. That's the way to break up the with someone.💔

• Lol too long didn't read

• Oh, thanks that was a waste of my time

• For whatever it's worth, I did read your answer. I think it is great that, even though you disagree with the asker, you give an amazing answer.
      The fact that the asker failed to recognize this and didn't even read it left me staring speechless at my screen for a couple of seconds.

Please disregard that guy entirely and know that while there are guys who lack gratitude, there are a lot more who DO in fact care a great deal about the answers and the advice they get.

Thank you for showing a few people help other regardless of their personal opinion :)

• I bet you are a 3 at best, you just think you're an 8.

• Haha bubbletrouble, I used to play that all of the time on miniclip :D

• This is kinda messed up, the way you described it, I would tell her that you don't deserve her and that you weren't thinking because you were insecure. Dating someone when you don't find them attractive is a waste of their time, I hope the best for her.

• Just simply talk to her in private and say-I think its time we see other people. You're great, but I think you can do better than me.
    Then walk away.
    But good for you for loosing weight. Just try to leave out the part where you only dated her because you were insecure.

• First you have to quit being an asshole

• You can't prevent hurting her so hurry up and get it over with so you could be on the market already. Have fun getting turned down by girls in "your league" or above an 8. Lol that'll be a real ego killer for you.. You won't survive talking to those girls haha hot girls don't want anything less than a 10 and since you're an "8", according to you, you won't get anything better than a 7.. I think you should do a 'rate me' post, to see what you really are..

• You're gonna hurt her regardless. What is so appealing about her? Maybe you can ask her to join the gym with you?
    But if you're truly unhappy with her, it's better for you to cut it off. It will hurt, but it's worse to drag her along and give her false hopes of something more. Or even shittier and scummier if you were to cheat on her.

Just tell her you don't think it will work out between you two. And if she asks why? Tell her you don't feel that she is the one for you.

• She was easy and very kind. She did everything I wanted.

Now I don't need to settle for her because her face is average and her body is bland. I'm gorgeous and need to upgrade.

Good advice there. She just isn't right for me. Should I tell her she's a 6 at best?

• You don't wanna hurt her right? I don't think you mentioning that would help.

But a 6 is not bad. 5 is average (on my scale) and 6 is above average.

• 'I'm gorgeous and need to upgrade.' - Asker

What an asshole are you.
      She doesn't deserve you. You said she's always kind, whats better than being kind?
      You think of yourself too highly, you'll never get another girl if you think like your the best

• Are you serious or a troll? Can't tell!!!

If you're a troll than I have no words for you

If you're serious, did you really only get with your gf just because of looks? What about her personality?

• "I want to find a better looking girlfriend since I earned it."

Lol I really hope you lied about your age on here (25-29)? Seriously?

You sound like an immature teenage child.

Apologize to your girlfriend for being an ashore, do her a favor and break up with her.

• Why are you posting as anonymous is my question. Anyway if you don't love your girlfriend, leave. It's better for both of you.

• You are a horrible person. You are not an 8. You are a 2. Hideous monster on the inside. Schmuck

• I click here to see if this was really happening only to find out it was, so I must take my leave because I'm deathly allergic to bullshit and your serving up a storm. That's not even the worst part you brought in one of my archenemy into this.. The ignorant ass troll.. my my, you certainly know your way with the ladies, the way to the door that is.

• Are you an asshole or what?

• I know your trolling since your on anonymous

• What goes in in your funny little brain? It must be so boring...

• More from Girls
    22

What Guys Said 31

• you are weak and ungrateful, she built you up, and now you will tear her down... smh

she made you feel secure as a man, and now that you look a little better you are ready to leave her, on looks alone

a woman who supports her man is priceless, i hope you find your 8

• Perfectly said!!!

• The White Knights out in full force!

• I am not a white knight, but i am grateful for the people who have helped forward me in my life
      If you are completely un-attracted to her break up with her, but let her know that you have appreciated everything she has done for you
      dont mention you are leaving her because she is unattractive to you, that will most likely make her feel like crap
      there is no easy way to let someone go, just break up with her, dont give her a reason, just leave

• I pride myself in being an asshole but DAAAAAMN you are ice cold, brah...

Just remember what @PiuBelloAmonte said: ''She built you up, and now you will tear her down''.. remember that when you hit rock bottom again n' wonder where it all went wrong.

• Well, CLEARLY 6's and below don't deserve true happiness. That's an obvious fact.

What I think you should do is punch her in the face and knock her out and then dump her in the woods somewhere. Duct tape a note to her forehead (6's and below need this sort of thing done to get the message) that says 'We are done. If you were a 7 or above I would have at least dumped you off into civilization. But you aren't, so... never come back. Thanks."

Then you take your place among all the obvious real men of society and spend the rest of your relative youth balls deep in 9's and 10's.

You deserve it.

• Don't forget karma, buddy. If you dump a woman who loves you, you might end up with a "hot" woman who breaks YOUR heart.

• If she's a 6 to you, she's probably an 8 or 9 to me. Where is she? I'd like to date her.

• guys like you give us a bad name...

• Just tell her that you love her but your goals and values are no longer aligned and that you can't love her the way that she deserves to be loved. It's a hard thing to do, but by doing it you are creating a space not just for you to find someone else, but for her to find someone who can truly love her the way that you can't.

Most importantly, support each other during the breakup phase. I mean, you did spend a year building a relationship together, so you don't have to throw it all away just because you're no longer intimate with each other.

• What an incredible asshole you are dude.
    You give the rest of us a bad name.

To answer your question you obviously don't care about her feelings so just end it quickly like ripping a band-aid off so that poor girl can patch her self up and move on to someone that deserves her.

• dont misunderstand this but , you are a terrible , terrible , terrible , terrible , terrible , terrible , terrible , terrible , terrible , terrible , terrible , terrible , terrible , terrible , terrible person. its ur preferences but u r acting like if she is a toy. i hope that someday u will get in that horrible car accident and lose ur appearance. and then the girl u r talking about won't even give a shit about u. u r acting like if 6(s) dont deserve to be happy , i can't believe that there is people like you. and i wish they get terminated.

• This is exactly my opinion aswell.
      She doesn't deserve him, thats it.
      You (anonymous asker) care more about appearance than about personality, which is horrible. Think of appearance as the icing on the cake, not as the cake itself

• @dipsy and the sad thing is that she stayed with him when his appearance was shitty

• Lol yeah true indeed. She didn't leave him because she thought he had a nice personality (turned out to be wrong, though). She didn't care about his fattyness and uglyness, all she cared about was his personality.

• I am sorry but if that is how you feel I hope she dumps you. I am not saying this cause what you are doing is wrong but its the way you go into thinking it this way is fucked up. If it was about looks then you should have stayed single and probably wanking every night to an internet screen. Yet I am sure she cared about the person you were... notice I said were cause if you acted like this when she meet you then I have no idea why she would lower herself to your level. People that think looks are everything are completely shallow and deserve to be alone and not to populate. You have nothing to raise your level of attraction if your behavior stays this way.

• I suggest you to don't be an asshole. It gave me kinda feeling that you use her for your personal benevolent. And now you want to leave her just because of looks!
    Shame on you..

• Make sure you're really out of her league, objectively, because once you leave her she's going to have a new thirsty chump lined up at her feet to do her bidding.

Even ugly women have tons of options compared to above-average men and can have a different man at the snap of her fingers, so I'm just saying make sure your ducks are in a row before you take the plunge and dump her.

• your're right dump her, you don't deserve her... bet you end up with some beta bitch

• I can't wait for you to break up with her, then realize you can't get another girl because you're still ugly.

• Been a while since I saw such a display of self-confidenceless :D

To the point, though. You don't "not hurt her feelings". You will, so get it over with.

• Do whatya want. I guarantee if some hot ladys husband all of a sudden got disfigured the countdown to the end would start. Sure, she wouldn't leave that day but it'd only be a matter of time

This is true for almost all people regardless of gender

• Lifting obviously won't make you a better person... Doesn't matter what you tell her she's still going to be upset.

Just tell her the truth

• a dating guru, or pick up artists would tell you women think theyre worth more than they are generally and date up.

there's no avoiding breaking her heart

• Just fuck her best friend. She will get the picture

• So you didn't have any feelings for her what so ever?
    I don't know how to respond to this. I-.
    I just don't.

• Can I just say that i love your modesty. That's a really great quality you've got there..

• You can't dump someone without hurting their feelings.

• just call her an ugly bitch

• just tell her you don't wanna limit yourself at such a young age: you need to sow your wild oats.

• This is really funny haha

• go for it dump the bitch

• Dude no offense but you are a dick. I'm glad I don't look at things the way you do

• Even if you marry a ten, she will age. If you are this shallow, dont get married. I saw a girl at work who was really great looking. She married, had a kid and now her legs, and but aren't what they used to be by a long shot. This doesn't happen to all women but it did her.

• What I like about this question is that if some of us got really hot or our partners got really hot, would we stay or would we go? The knee jerk reaction would be to call you an asshole. Especially for the way you plan to do it. The underlying thing though is that you improved yourself somehow and now you feel you " deserve better" . I just wonder how many people do have a change of standards/expectations whether they'll admit it or not

You just need to end this and both find people you like. I wouldn't tell her why but I wouldn't lie too.

• LOL this sounds harsh man... But do what you do " Bitch wanna talk about 'fuck me?', Nahh fuck that bitch"

• More from Guys
    1