Do you think a person's music, tv and movie tastes should influence if you should date them or not?

Personally I don't think it should seeing as it takes all types to make a couple. That's just trivial stuff anyway and I look deeper, into someone's personality to see if they are a worthy mate. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I absolutely love it when someone can show me new things and bring diversity to my life in any way shape or form, so I'd actually prefer if we didn't exclusively like the same stuff.

What Guys Said 9

• it shouldn't really be too big of a factor to consider, common interests are important no doubt but there is a lot more that go beyond music taste and such that make all those things seem petty.

• Music taste says a lot about the person, but it's not something that you should focus on. I don't care what type of music they listen to, as long as they respect my taste too.
    I haven't date a girl that has the same taste in music or movies, so it definitely doesn't have any influence in my decision

• No, not at all.
    Good luck to those hoping to find someone who likes everything you do.
    Everyone's different. Everyone likes different things.
    You're literally talking like 1 in like 10,000 if you want them to have your preferences the exact same.
    I couldn't care less what they like.
    Who knows, they might get me into something, as could I.

• Music can become an issue when cohabitating, however TV and Movie preferences should never be held against someone, but if you both share many favorites, it can be a benefit.

• That stuff tells you a lot about a person, I think it matters. The only time it doesn't matter is if the person is very cool, does things that they are passionate about, and likes to learn more about things

• I think breaking it off with someone because they watch Big Bang Theory or something might be jumping the gun, but a person's taste in music, movies and television can tell you a lot about them and the culture they were raised in. If your tastes in all three are radically different, how much can you really have in common?

• Easy morals and core beliefs, religious or non, are what I look for as common ground. The other is just petty and shallow. Besides they can introduce you to new things.

• basically yes especially music... i cannot stand modern pop and r'n'b... ughhhhhh

• Well they have to have at least some kind of common interest as me, otherwise i would be bored out of my mind every time i talked to them. And we would never find anything to talk about. If we didn't have a lot in common, it just wouldn't work.

• That stuff is just petty and shallow in the end. You want someone you can conect with deeper. Someone who shares your morals and core beliefs. That's the only common ground that matters and is lasting. Besides if your music, tv or movie interests are different it spices things up and you can introduce each other to new things.

• I agree that a deep connection is most important, but what will you fin yourself talking about if you don't share any common interests?

• Easy hopes and dreams, places you would like to see, pasts, and trying new things together. There's a old saying, opposites attract, that's around for a reason.

• No, as long as they're willing to branch out.

But it helps to like the same stuff

What Girls Said 1

• I mean it's nice to have things in common. But to make those things deal breakers is a little much. I wouldn't care that much if a guy had different tastes in that stuff