Girls cannot compete with my dead girlfriend, what is there to look forward to?

My amazing and beautiful girlfriend died when we were teenagers. She was my rock and loved me for who I was. I am in my late 20's and having trouble finding luck. There is no girl, who can compete in beauty and personality. They say soul mates exists, but what if one of them died?

What is there to look forward to in the next 30 years?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want to find happiness again you have to let her go. Your spending all of your time comparing girls to someone that is no longer around. That is unfair and you'll never find another girl like her because she was unique. There's no copies in this world. Besides the fact she will forever seem perfect in your eyes because she is now deceased. Your probably passing up some amazing women because your too busy looking for someone that is no longer here. You have to let her go and open up your heart to start loving again , or else you may spend the rest of your life alone

What Girls Said 6

• First of all, I am extremely sorry that this happened to you and I'm also very sorry to say that you will never fully forget her or your relationship. You WILL however find someone else that makes you just as happy. I know that it'll seem like no one compares and it HURTS. It does, but there are things you can do to make it hurt less. I can tell you are a very caring guy. Look forward to future travels and friends and future love, because believe me, it'll come. Because you know someone who passed away so young, try to live life spontaneously and do as much as you can to have once in a lifetime experiences. Set goals! Goals are incredibly important for trying to get over something or someone because it shows that you're looking into the future and if it's something you're passionate about, it will occupy your thoughts more than her loss. Cheers!
    ~Panda Graciosa

• "She loved me for who I was". The problem is your comparing everyone with your deceased girlfriend and that really isn't fair. You can't replace her and you shouldn't, you don't need to forget about her but you need to be willing to move on and be able to do so with an open heart. Don't you think she would want you to be happy again to life your life to its fullest? Love someone for who they are just like she loved you for who you were.

• Sorry for your loss. It must be such a tragedy to not only lose someone you cared and loved but the fact that they die at such a young age. I think you might benefit by traveling and perhaps making new friends. On the way, you can might another girl that rocks your world.

• I don't know, my boyfriend died 7 months ago. I feel you.
    You should try to move on though.

• you will never get rid off the sadness it will be there as time goes on. you loved her and because of that you will love again. perhaps not as deeply as you did for her or you might love little deeper the next time around. you will do something better than getting over it , you will live on with her memory while still loving once more.

• Try not to compare everyone to her.. no two people are alike.. everyone is beautiful in their own way... inside and out. Just be patient.

What Guys Said 3

• No one was like the girl you dated. And no one is going to be like the other girls you can date. Stop comparing people. Accept them for who they are and love them for their differences.

You have to choose to move on. If you identify with pain and injury, it's what will define you. If that isn't what you want for yourself, then you have to choose otherwise.

• You're going to have to stop comparing everyone to your late GF. If you don't stop you will have a lonely life.

• My sister lost her soulmate. They were perfect for eachother. It took her a long time to start looking again for a partner but she found a good man again. Though she still thinks about her soulmate a lot. I think things should get better. It will take a while though. Stay focused on keeping yourself healthy and visit loved ones more often. Thats what i would do anyways.