The terms "Alpha Male" and other terms?

Do you think some of these dating terms in today's society come across as discrimitory, intimidating or misunderstood?

Some people who just started out in the dating world want to have confidence to talk to a woman and get to know them.

I know life isn't all about sugar coating and it's not always gonna be puppy dogs and rainbows, but what if we used more lighter and less discrimitory sounded words?

What are your thoughts on this and if you have some words/terms that you would like to change other than what they are, feel free to share them.

Most Helpful Guy

• They might be misunderstood sometimes, but they aren't discriminatory at all. If anything we need to stop sugar coating the advice that is already being handed out. What people need to hear is the truth regardless of how much it hurts. Sometimes the truth is going to be harsh. That is just what happens when people hear things that they don't want to hear.

If you sugar coat it, then you are more likely going to destroy the message. The message is that they need to stop whining that the other gender doesn't want them, change into a better version of themselves that will be more attractive to others. If you aren't at a point that you are ready to hear and accept the truth, then you shouldn't be dating anyone yet.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• I think it's a media designed term for what used to be called a mans man. The concept certainly isn't new, but I think the term beta male is too broad, perhaps we should look at sigma and kappa etc. Because it seems as if you aren't alpha you must be beta.

I dress well, am soft spoken, and am relatively intelligent. I enjoy art and theatre, read actual books. Yet I also have 38 years of martial arts, work on my own car, ride a motorcycle, shoot bow almost daily, swing a sword for fun, wear leather, have a shaved head. So am I alpha or beta?

• Honestly it's difficult to definitely describe what an "alpha", but I'm all for the term "beta."

Ya know, the type of dude that thinks a group of men automatically needs a female presence because he doesn't like the idea of too many men enjoying each other's company? A beta.

The type of dude that does all a girl's work for her in exchange for like a kiss or a handjob while she's most likely getting plowed by some other guy? A beta.

The type of dude that likes getting pegged in the anus? A beta, I could go on.

• Whenever i hear people say "bae" i want to stab them

• Only the idiots who applies that label to humans... It's only used to describe animals primarily the monkeys like Gorilla for example.. Then some idiotic shit heads heard that term in TV and used it. It's not even used by the scientific community towards us humans

It cannot be applied to humans because humans are far more complex than a small group of Gorilla...

• The term is usually used either with tongue in cheek, or by people that take things way too seriously.

You can use the term, or call it something else if it bothers you. But the fact remains there are men that are at the top of the pyramid as far as what women find sexually attractive. These are what the term refers to.