What to do when your guy beats you?

My boyfriend punched me in the face over a stupid argument about where we should go out to eat. He's never acted this way before and I'm so hurt. I know I have to walk away because I feel as if the beatings will get worse. He hasn't apolgized and left me lying on the ground. How do I safely leave?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's an old saying "If you can't handle him at his worst then you don't deserve him at his best". I beg to differ with this saying. It kind of looks like its saying the guy can beat the girl as long as she still cares which doesn't make sense. But I think it depends on the guy's reaction afterwards. Sure boys can get angry and punching something looks pretty good. But if he is angry I think its good to be there for him even if he hits you (and I mean when he regrets it almost immediately afterwards not when he just sees you as a punching bad in which case you need to leave). If he honestly regrets it afterwards and can make an honest apology for it that you accept then don't worry about it but if he continues then there's a problem that needs talking.

What Guys Said 4

• You made the right decision when you decided to leave him. I think you should call someone to be with you, someone you trust and then break up. Don't be alone with him, if he doesn't like what you'll tell him we never know if he can do it again.

• Go, just go. If you can't go to friends or family find a batterd woman's shelter, or even a homeless shelter for women. Get out, get out now, this moment and NEVER look back!

• the relationships over.

i know quite well when the relationships over and its when there's a huge lack of respect and how you guys argue.

you leave, and if you continue to feel threatened, you get a restraining order

• You're trapped forever now, my sweet.

Soon you'll become addicted.

• Honestly, I don't know how can a woman even overlook that. Even when I was 19 at the time, I ever got into my first relationship... I made it clear that if my then bf ever even shove me in anger, it was over right there. A bf isn't someone I'm suppose to even fear for a second.

• A bf hitting me even once is already telling me ''I can careless about your safety and health, you're not safe with me instead I'm here to hurt you'' which means that's not love.

What Girls Said 7

• Leave him immediately. Don't look back. Get support from your friends and family. If need be, get a restraining order.

• You need to leave him. Domestic abuse (which that is) is not normal or okay. Don't try to reason with him, understand him blah blah just leave. That's how women end up dead.

• You break up and filed assault charges against him... make sure it's on his permanent record.

• Unless you're ok having a bf you have to fear for even a second, then it would be your problem if you don't leave him. Leave him now...

• You leave him, file charges and get a restraining order if you don't feel safe

• That's not good, healthy or safe. Leave now, break up, file charges, get the cops involved. Try to make a way even if he's controlling. Or make other people aware so they can call

• end of relationship!!

• Call someone that you trust. If there is no one in town you trust, call 911. If he is willing to hurt you, he is capable of killing you. Treat him like the criminal that he is. Anything less could result in you being seriously hurt... or worse.