Help guys! What's he trying to do? and what do I do next?

I'm not sure if there's something going on with a much older single co-worker. He shows signs of being interested but we're still in the "feeling each other out stage".

He generally appears to be quite introverted and quite reserved, even though he's normal in social setting.

So we're going out for the first time (alone, outside of work) soon - we've settled on a date, an event, just not a time. I suggested I would like to hang out and he made similar vague overtures until I asked him when and we settled on a date. He has my number and has called/texted occasionally. I personally want to keep everything quite private until I figure out what's going on.

The thing is, he suddenly brought up the issue in front of other colleagues today. And because I was surprised (and other people were there), I gave him really cool one word, non commital answers. I just really didn't want to talk about it there in that setting but at the same time, am worried he will feel that I'm playing hot and cold with him. Or worse, that I don't want to hang out with him.

So here's where I need your input - why's he so happy with being so open with our date all of a sudden? Is it that he doesn't see it as a date? Or something else?

And what do I do now? Should I text and ask him when since he tried in person and I was awfully cool, or should I wait for him to ask again?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Text him, ask about the thing again, tell him that you just felt uncomfortable and then ask why he did it, just keep it light and don't assume anything.

• He probably really likes you and want to claim his stake in front of others...