How to get my buddies to stop trying to hook me up?

I just got out of a relationship of a year with this girl that cheated on me. she's with her ex boyfriend now. But everytime me and my buddies go out, they try to hook me up. I dont want anything right now, and i want nothing to do with women atm. They dont get that and still try to hook me up anyways.

How do i get them to stop, and why are they doing it? I'm capable of finding someone, i just dont want to right now. Do they think i can't? I mean, i just got out of a relationship..

Is that bad that i dont want to be hooked up? Should i try and go hook up with someone? I mean i just got out of a relationship and they think its best to screw a woman as quickly as possible.. My ex is getting screwed by her ex boyfriend and it feels pathetic that i can't do what she does.

Most Helpful Girl

• lol I hate that... just avoid seeing them

What Girls Said 2

• tell them and no it's not bad you want to choose for yourself. hey can you answer my last question i posted please :) thnks!

• tell them to back off , I think they just want to see you happy with someone ;)

What Guys Said 2

• Because hooking up with someone else would help them feel better, and they assume that it would help you feel better, whether or not you feel like it or not.

Maybe they're right, maybe not.

• Honestly I wouldn't like that either, if my friends ever did that I would tell them just not to, as in fairness it's wrong to push a girl in your direction if that's what you don't want.

Maybe they think having a quick thing with another girl will help lose your feelings towards your ex, a lot of girls do the same, but it's more on rebound terms, and nobody really wants to be just a rebound.