What should I do about my bf being a horrible texter?

I (20f) have been dating my (23m) for two months now. Well, initially he was just bad at replying to any and everyone via texting.. he hates being on his phone period. And it wasn't that big of a deal until he went out of town for two weeks. He won't text or message me unless I do.

I hate being the one to initiate everything, and it wasn't always like this, this has been a recent thing when he was home if two days past he would text me. I talked to him about it and I asked him if he cares about me, I even mentioned to him that to me it's not normal to not talk to your partner for days on end and think everything is ok, for me even if I don't seem them at LEAST a good morning, how are you.. anything would be ok with me.

He said he does care, and that he does think everything is good when we don't talk to each other for three days straight. But that was all. And I didn't say anything to him afterwards, that was three days ago. No text from him since. All he does is watch some of my snaps.

I'm feel like losing interest in this guy. I sent him a text an hour ago and of course after me having sent one he replys.. He asked me how my afternoon was and right now after all of the hassling over the past week.. I don't feel like replying. I still like him but I just don't wanna talk to him unless its to his face.

Most Helpful Guy

• Speaking as a guy that does the same thing, some guys just hate texting.
    If I have something to say, unless its urgent I'll wait until I can talk face to face.

What Guys Said 4

• There needs to be a comfortable silence in a relationship. A point which you get to in which you are comfortable with your relationship even if you don't talk. You should strive for that point. No need to text all the time

• Your right but I'm not there yet. It's only been two months.. I wish I was there.

• The only way to get there is to make progress little by little

• ya im sorry my mind does not work with pairs of a couple words at a time. i text when she is bothering me... i really prefer to talk on a phone or face to face where u can SEE and judge what they are up to/doing. half the time a chick will ask u something and u kick it back and they freak out... u just though it was an innocent text... u didn't realize they were asking for ur hand in marriage or some other important crap!

• What about long distance for only a couple weeks? how would you handle that?

• if its only a few weeks whats wrong with phone calls? at the end of the day before u guys go to bed call each other and chat. what u did that day, how much u thought of the other person. silly stuff thta does not really matter. next thing u know the time has passed and ur back together

• Is there such thing as being a horrible texter? That explains my life now.

• Anyone over the age of 14 should be a horrible texter. It's boring as fook!

What Girls Said 1

• haha you can't blame guys... they suck at texting... with their similar replies of "hey beautiful" or "what's good" or "what you doing" or "where you at"