MEN/boys would you like to be approached by and asked out by women/girls more?

just that.

I've always been under the impression that most guys want to do the pursuing, that they consider women/girls who make the first move to approach them and/or ask them out too pushy or agressive and that it's a turn off.

GIVE REASONS BELOW.

• yes, I would like more women to approach/persue me.
  • no, I prefer to approach/persue women.
  • I'm a female. or other
by the way, this is in response to this question:
www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1376744-with-the-rise-of-feminism-why-don-t-more-girls-ask-guys-out

and some conversations I've been having there.
I'm not asking anyone if it's "ok"
I've asked guys out in the past, it isn't an issue for me. I never cared to follow societies rules (in anything, not just gender rules) I'm simply asking if you actually WANT women to ask more.

also, I haven't seen this asked by anyone else. I don't repeat others questions intentionally.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think men are pretty much like women.

They like it when people they find attractive approach and feel awkward when those they don't find attractive approach.

What Guys Said 22

• Guys are surprisingly self conscious, constantly hearing about how women aren't being pleased in bed, or how women are being stared at and harassed. Or take a look at some older TV shows like The Simpsons or King of Queens. Fat, boring man married to a fair, sensible woman, and that's how we're supposed to see ourselves.

We're constantly being told about how a woman is "out of our league". Like we have to lie, manipulate and convince you women to look at us, or be douchebags to accomplish it.

It's nice to know that we can be looked at and thought about, too.
    Which explains the mass majority in your poll.

• Haha, I have no problem with it. Makes things easy for me if they do. However, the reality is that overwhelmingly, women will not do it (I mean, outright asking a man out--sending out signals that most men won't pick up is another matter altogether, lol, that happens all the time, great thing to learn how to read).

Realistically, if a guy wants a woman in his life, he needs to get over his fear of approaching women, learn to deal with rejection, and keep going at it. Waiting around for a woman to ask you out is the fast lane path to remaining single for life.

I think there's a certain level of pride a guy develops knowing he has the guts to do what a lot of other guys and most women won't or are afraid to do. The confidence you get from it extends to other areas of life too.

• really, like what?

• You can do it in a variety of ways--no one method will always work. First, I do a search to see if I can get their email or number online. If that doesn't work, I'll go to company websites, search Linkedin for mutual contacts or to find someone to become a mutual contact, look at press clippings, etc. It's really about being resourceful. For example, in a press clipping, even if their contact info isn't listed, often times the info of the article's author is--and that person might have the contact info I want, so the first step is contacting them and seeing if they'll provide what I need. Introductions are by far the best way to get into contact with someone--cold calls are for suckers, whenever possible, you want to warm up a lead by being referred to the person you want to speak to and having someone set you up with the contact info. But sometimes, a cold call may not hurt--especially if you have (and always should have) a compelling reason to be contacting them.

• ok, I was just curious. thanks! (:

• tbh i'd find it more flattering to be asked out... no i'm not shy, but i just find it cute when a girl asks out a boy instead of the other way round.

• Yeah I would like it because I'm abit of an idiot when it comes to women and don't know if a girl likes me or not. Most of the time these days girls don't give away huge hints as to wether they're interested so I never know when to make the move and also because I fear getting rejected. Long story short yes I would like it if more women asked me out!

• what do you consider hints that she is interested?

• A big hint would be if she constantly gets close like when you're sat down she'll right next to you leaving not a lot of space between you even if there is room for her to move over and if she hugs you while she doesn't do that with anyone else, I'd say they're the only big hints if she's physical with a guy.

• I dont give hints to guys I actually like. There are guys who probably think Im interested in them because I engage in conversation and smile but that's out of interest and/or boredom not because I actually like them

• I'm confident enough to make it happen on my own... that being said, it'd still be appreciated to see women approach more.

• It would be flattering having a girl approach me, but I don't really care either way.

• I don't believe in asking people out.

If I like a woman, there's no need to. I just call her and tell her she needs to come with me somewhere in a few minutes so be ready when I get there. I'll already know her schedule.

And then I just make it up as I go. Sometimes it ends up at a restaurant, sometimes in a cotton field. I have no idea.

• this was funny...
      ...
      til you got to the cotton field. O_O

• basically trick her? I would be angry that you weren't up front with me.

• It's not tricking her. I just say, I need you to come with me somewhere, so be ready when I come by. I never said I had any idea where we were going. I just said 'somewhere'.

• Yep, pretty sure like at least 99% of guys do.

• I would love it

• Yes i like to be approached by women i am shy ..0. o

• I would like to be asked out. I have no problems with it. It never happens but I would like it.

• I suddenly feel very nervous about my answer...

• just be honest.

• Well let's just say I'm not planning to be free any time soon.

• ah, ok.

what about the cute girl part?

• It would be awesome but it never happens so whats the point.

• Yes, of course. I would be more than flattered if that happened :)

• I've never been asked out, but I'd love it if a girl would.

• How many of these exact same questions have to be asked before women know that its ok, even preferred, for a girl to do some of the pursuing?

• no i like to do all the work myself for no reward... is this really a question? why would a guy NOT want to share the risk? and the reward?

• ::sigh:: no need to get your boxers all up in a bunch.

• does it matter what u call it? its good and i like it at least. potatoes potatoes here *where i say them differently*

• yes. they mean very different things. ;p

• Yep. It'd be an awesome change of pace.

• well, what can I say...
    It's kinda plus point for a *-*shy guy like me.
    *Also it describes that she's confident which is pretty good for healthy relationship or maturity manner.

... and I think mostly guys didn't let down a women because of her looks and other things if someone ask them out or making a effort!

• what do you mean guys won't let down a woman for her looks? I'm sure guys reject women the find unattractive too.

• so, now you're assuming I'm unattractive

• No, I'm thinking why didn't you ask me yet maybe you should find me unattractive!!
      Hahahaha... Is it true?
      Seriously :/

• I never expect it so I don't care.

• absolutely!!!, wish it would happen more often

• The only downside for me in more girls asking me out is that a lot of girls have asked me out, especially when I was younger, and most of my friends haven't experienced that before so I'd lose my 'studly' status lmao. But if we're being serious, I'd prefer it if women asked more men out. Lots of great relationships that could've been have been missed out on because a guy was too shy to approach a girl. I know that I have personally missed out on a few really great girls who I know in hindsight wanted me to ask them out, but at the time I couldn't tell for sure because I was awkward so I chickened out. Even when I don't like a girl whose asked me out, it's still very flattering and I personally don't think less of them, I think better of them for having the courage to follow their heart.

• that's nice. I havdn't asked a ton of guys out, but I have asked some. I honestly still just always assumed most guys didn't like it. whoops!

• There will be some men who don't take kindly to being asked out by a woman but they're dickhead 'alpha' types and you'll learn that about them when you ask them out and then you can move on to men who aren't dickheads. Any man who thinks of a woman being aggressive as emasculating is insecure about his masculinity. It's also possible to make a guy uncomfortable if they don't like you, but the same could happen when men are asking women out. But the bottom line is that there is nothing wrong with it. If you don't ask someone out, then you might miss out on someone you'd really like.

What Girls Said 2

• They say they do. But in reality, they don't. Or maybe they just don't like me asking them out haha.
    I have been rejected by every guy I asked out.

I guess they only want attractive women asking them out, like we prefer attractive men asking us out.

• were these guys strangers or guys you were already friends with?

• Both. Friends and strangers.

• oh, I know it can be weird with friends because once you're already friends it's hard to see that person as anything else.

I'm surprised about the strangers though. you are attractive/pretty. I hope you realize that.

• I think they only like it because they imagine the perfect world where they only get approached by those they find attractive and don't have to turn down women most of the times..

• lol, it would be fun/interesting to test that out.

• We shall only sample men who never want to get married.

• hahahaha! ok. ;)