How to grab his attention if I'm not that pretty? Guys ages 16-20 answer this please?

I've already asked a question before regarding my birthmark, which is on my forehead and eyelid, and on the larger side. Im 16 years old- I'm a pretty average girl besides that, and I'm into fashion (I try to look nice and all that), music (the neighbourhood, 5sos, one direction, John Mayer, among others), and I thought I was pretty confident (faking it, because I'm really self conscious about my birthmark). Anyway, prom is coming up, and I really want a date. As stated before, I thought I gave an aura that said I was confident & didn't care, however yesterday, one of my best friends told me that I gave off this aura where people can tell I'm not happy with myself, and that I'm actually self conscious. I was confused because together, we are usually the loudest in class. We always crack jokes and stuff. Anyway, she said my "aura" is pushing guys away- definitely NOT what I want, especially with prom coming up. Pretty much all my friends have dates except for me and another girl, and it sucks. It's true that I'm truly not confident with my looks, however I thought I was really faking it like I was. I'll admit that when I'm around any guy I think is cute, I get all stupid. For example, if some guy is joking around with me or being nice, I'll either tell him to piss off or I'll pretend like I'm totally not interested. I have a reason to do this, though- a few years ago a guy I REALLY liked asked me out as a joke, and I've never truly trusted guys since. basically what I'm asking is, how can I get a guy to ask me to prom? I have a birthmark on my face, so I doubt any guy would ever want me, but a girl has to dream, right? I'd prefer if upperclassmen high school guys answered this, or guys that are just a bit older, because I want to get some insight about what guys around my age would think about a girl like me as a prom date (and possibly more, too).
What can I do to attract more guys, even with my situation? I'm open to any ideas except dressing/acting like a slut

I'd really appreciate as many answers as possible :) thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to stop shutting down guys because you were hurt once before. Honestly just be yourself and maybe flirt with some guys to see if they are interested. Also now days its totally cool if you ask the guy to prom! Screw the social norm.

The birthmark on your face shouldn't be a problem. If it bothers the guy screw them. You are better off!

What Guys Said 7

• I am sorry you are feeling this way...

I suppose the good news is that I feel pretty strongly that you will meet someone that loves you for you. The bad news is that I have no idea when that could be. Is it tomorrow or next week or next year or the year after or twenty years from now? No idea.

I think that what you need to work on is just learning and growing and being nice to others. Don't worry about anything else right now... AND yes that is easy to say and hard to do. But if you can do that, other things are going to come into play for you and you will worry far less than you do know.

• How do girls who like me grab my attention? usually they throw themselves at me OR aggressively flirt with me (hand on/copping feels off me LOL)

Before they even get within 15 feet of me. I can read their body language and already tell what they're going to do ^^. Those are the types that I love since they don't play those little mind games/WASTE MY fucking TIME.

OVERALL just be direct and it should work out. I don't know about you, but I'd rather get REJECTED NOW than LATER. After I/you've just wasted your time flirting with them for nothing, when they already knew from the moment that they saw you, that they weren't interested to begin with LOL

• So... What would you consider good body language?

• LOOK If she's approaching me she's not going to be turned DOWN, so rather she wants to talk that sweet shit in my ear OR JUST come up to me, tells me how she feels OR cop a feel... that's cool by me, since it would still have the same ending.

• Let the incident that some douche bag led you into go. Holding that against men will definitely screw up a lot of things. You could, instead of having fake confidence, actually have some confidence (no offense) and maybe try asking a guy out (yes it's possible and actually preferred by a lot of guys). Although if you want to grab guys' attention then hang out with more of them. I'm not saying you need to be a tomboy but getting close to some guys can get you on there mind somewhat.

• So you dont think most guys would think its weird/embarrassing that a girl who isn't conventionally pretty (with a birthmark on her face) likes them/wants to be with them?

• There are guys who can look past that easily.

• Yeah... I hope. It sucks though.

• There is of course a very extreme way to catch a guys attention. That is dressing with cleavage or small skirts, which can go pretty wrong, but generally guys LOVE it when girls come to them, so don't be shy.

• Dress in a sexy way

• So define sexy. I already dress preppy-ish, so how should I go about this (without looking too easy or slutty)?

• Do you think dressing in a flattering way would distract from my flaws?

• Yea. Why not

Not everyone is born gorgeously ;)

• I know a girl with a birthmark on her eye. Im interested in her a lot, and Im 99% sure she was interested in me before I messed things up. have you tried the quiet kids. or lower your standards. you never know, could be the best night of your life

• Realistically, nothing.

What Girls Said 0