Does it matter if a guy takes a girl out on the first date and pays with a gift card?

Hmmm... What do YOU think... ;) how would you view the guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao I went on a date with a dude and he paid for our tickets specifically because he got a student discount and then I paid for our popcorn and drinks and when he found out I knew the concession worker he asked for a discount

He's a cheapass but he's tall and cute so it didn't bother me.

What Girls Said 4

• I would not care one bit. He is paying, he has every right to do it however he wants. It wouldn't bother me or make me think any different about him.

• I dont think I would mind, if its to save a few bucks and he is a frequent customer of the place he's using the card. I have restaurant and movie rewards cards and get free tickets/ meal vouchers and would use it all the time on dates. In this economy using coupons and groupon giftcards help save every penny.

• If I like him, I'd think he's smart with money.

If I don't like him, I'd think he's cheap.

• sure why not!!! :)

What Guys Said 4

• well i wonder if u paid him later for the food? why were u not paying for a portion of it? and while ok its kind of odd why does it matter how he pays for it? ur not and its paid for so yaaa...

• I think you might be able to get away with a gift card, especially if it's expensive food. But don't use coupons, especially if you cut them out of a magazine or newspaper. You will look really really cheap.

• I'd advise against it...

• Cheapass...