GIRLS... If you say your boyfriend acts like a kid what do you usually mean?

And you say it in an annoyed manner

Does that mean he doesn't take things seriously enough and what should he take seriously? Or should he not have any comics and things or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with BrokenButBeautiful immaturity is acting like a child. Not taking certain situations serious that you should be taking more serious. Also not acting like a man in public places or around people. Being really loud or not being responsible. Don't get me wrong you can always have fun from time to time but you need to know when to be more serious and when its ok to joke around.

If you have comics it's what you collect I see nothing wrong with that especially if whoever you are with knew about it before you were dating she or he cannot really complain about it. But a lady likes a man to act like a man so goofing off in public may not be a good thing in the women's eyes. I say talk to her and find out how she really feels about your collection or the way you act. You can ask for advice but the only person that can really tell you what's the problem with you or your behavior is whoever is telling you that your like a kid.

by the way if you have no job and she's paying for you for almost everything that there can be what she is talking about I dated someone unemployed and I was always buying him food and I felt like a mother !

What Girls Said 60

• It means you have no responsible attitude whatsoever. I call my bf a kid cuz he never helps clean he flat EVER. I asked him to do one thing. Clean his manky facial hair out the plug cuz it was clogging it, and he was on his xbox like "SHUT UP!" The tone he used made me feel like his fucking mother. And I ended up doing it.

I dont care that he likes marvel superheroes and is a MASSIVE nerd, I think that geeky part of him is cute and doesn't constitute him as being a kid... just unfortantely the stuff I previously mentioned does haha

• There is a difference between being a child at heart (enjoying things like comics, kid movies, going to Disney, etc..) and being irresponsible like a child.

I think every adult is entitled to remain a child at heart and love "kid" things. If a girl doesn't like that aspect about you, then she's the wrong girl for you. You shouldn't have to forfeit the things that bring a smile to your heart.

But, if you are acting like a child in that you can pay bills on time, pout when you're upset, can't handle constructive criticism, still live at your parent's house, party every night, doesn't plan for the future, is financial irresponsible... then you need to man up and become someone worthy of being in a relationship with.

• My boyfriend talks like a baby...(ex.) Chu, uses me instead of I. He talks in a high pitched voice like I'm a cat. Whenever we are fighting he doesn't take it seriously just makes jokes, which is so frustrating. That's some thing I consider childish that my boyfriend does.

• For me I am into anime, video games etc. so it's great if a guy is into that.

When I say a guy is acting like a kid I mean:
    He doesn't take responsibility for his actions
    He expects others to take care of him
    He doesn't consider others
    He doesn't take serious matters seriously
    He isn't respectful

• It really depends what the connotation is... But basically if I said it, it would mean that he is super immature, makes me want to face-palm every time I see him, and doesn't take anything seriously.

• I used to think my ex was immature because he always wanted to be the first in everything and didn't accept when someone was better than him at something (even me) and always wanted to "win" during an argument. But people are different and men can act like kids in very different ways... I think you can find out yourself why she told you (assuming it has happened to you), we can't tell you what it is about.

• It means that there is a time for EVERYTHING. A time to be silly and make jokes and a time to be serious and take care of business. You need to learn how to manage them. There are sometimes when you need to put all your "toys" and those specific interests aside and be serious. That doesn't mean to push what you like aside/ Just learn to manage them :)

• it means your behaviors are child-like and you should have more mature behaviors

• It means he's acting immature about a certain situation or just immature in general, it doesn't have to be said in a bad way cuz sometimes it's a compliment but it usually means immature

• I think sometimes it has to do maybe with toys/comic and such (which I personally think is fun and healthy). But it could be that she was talking about something serious and you just happened to joke around at inappropriate times. This happens to the best of us. I call my boyfriend a kid but in a loving way. Its good to be a kid at heart. just not an annoying one. :) hope this helped in some way.

• I just mean he's acting like a kid, doing something a kid would do. I usually find it endearing though lol

• If I said that my boyfriend acted like a kid I would mean that he is immature, annoying, irritating, and not worth my time.

• I think girls like guys who are a laugh and like having a good time with them, but sometimes if they want you to be serious and your not they will be annoyed, maybe what they want is you to read the signs more effectively at what behaviour is appropriate at what time.
    Hope this helps :-)

• not being responsable; not being able to take care of things and face real life on his own

• I think it's more about him not being romantic or not respecting what she wants. If she wants to watch a movie but you want to read comics and not give her attention, that kind of thing. But by no means can she tell you that you shouldn't read comics. your interests are your interests and she shouldn't try to change that

• I don't know if I say it, it usually means he acts silly and cute and makes me smile and laugh buuuuut i think tone plays a big part in this too

• I'd say to a point it's cute but I prefer mature men to boys. A slight interest in childhood loves is okay but they should be pretty low on your priority list.

• Usually when I say it to my bf its because he's being childish and annoying. He is almost 22 so he's gotta grow up some more. He bugs the piss out of me a lot but I know he'll grow up eventually. So yeah it just means you're acting like a little kid. Unless you know better and she's just being a bitch. Lol I hope not

• Well maybe it has something to do with the fact that most guys share the emotional intelligence of a 6-yr-old boy on a playground, but I don't know, man

• I think it's immaturity, not being nice, not being honesty, not being responsible,

• It means you are acting (or reacting) in an immature way and are probably trying to laugh things off rather than take it seriously. There are times to play and mess about but there are also times to calm down and take things seriously.

• i dnt mind if a guy is into comics or love to play video games most of the times i like childishness of my bf i find it cute but his not always childish rare of him, but it's super cute.

• you are childish, that's all

• I hate immaturity in a guy... Grow up n take responsibility for things is what it usually means!!!

• He does childish things And some some childish behavior. Like when my boyfriend gets mad at me he won't make my plan if he's serving dinner, but if I'm serving dinner and I'm mad at him I will still make his plate.

• Kids are more interesting then adults in my opinion! I never see it as a bad thing~ However when a girl says that and she is annoyed it usually means she feels she is not heard or assured in someway.
    In most cases, People have a instinctually strong need to feel validated in their opinions, and heard, they also want to feel protected.
    The literal term "Kid" means you don't take someones words opinion or story seriously enough for them to feel respected by you. No one wants to feel like they aren't taken seriously.
    It's not just girls. Its everyone. When we want our partner to know how we feel or what we need to hear, we want an adult not a kid.

• listen to what she is saying !

• She is probably saying something that she thinks is important and you might have laughed it off or something. I think you can be quirky and act like a kid but only at the right time

• It means that guy who acts like a kid is an idiot. No women want to date a kid. We need a grown mature MAN, not a kid. So it is an expression of annoyance. It can very well be a reason to break up soon if he doesn't get his act together

• My definition of "acting like a kid" is being immature and not taking a situation seriously.

• More from Girls
    30

What Guys Said 2

• i hate when my GF say this , anyway they do it all the time cuz when girls get mad they be ungreatful and u should be wise and hug her and show her that u r not a kid and take her side , calm her down. kiss her. u knw the rest :P

• He is immature.