Thoughts about online dating?

I've been alone my entire life. Never had a girlfriend, never been kissed, nothing. I'm too shy to go and talk to people because I choke on my words or have nothing to say. I'm sick of being alone. I know nothing about online dating. Can anyone please help me with any useful info?

Most Helpful Guy

• Online Dating is not paradise and it's not easy.

If anything, Online Dating could potentially break your spirits if your expectations are too high. Forget everything you know about how dating works and the laws of attraction. Online Dating is a romantic bar scene on steroids. The girls at the bar are eyeing Mr. Handsome with a suit, tie, and career. In between Mr. Handsome and all the girls blushing across the room and chirping like little birds are stage props. Guys like us. The bus boys. The unsightly guests. Don't get in the way, please. Mr. Handsome is going for that irresistible gaze that makes girls melt.

Imagine logging on and seeing countless girls to choose from when you search for local singles. You might think, "wow, I have so many options!" Well, that is an illusion. What you don't see are the thousands of guys saturating the market with creepy messages and high credentials. It is NOT you on the stage taking your pick. It is the women on the stage getting swarmed by cat calls and bribes.

Consider your odds as slim for even girls you wouldn't go for in person. The market is that bad. Honestly, I'd consider other options before joining that cesspool of superficiality.

What Girls Said 2

• I tried signing up for few online dating sites but when someone will view my profile aged 45-60, I immediately ditched my account.

• Try tinder lol

What Guys Said 1

• Just that you should be careful when doing it.