Do guys like tomboys?

Since I've been at college no guy has come up to me. When I talk to guys they automatically think I'm hitting on them because I ask them to hang out. Some guys even find me intimidating. I'm not ugly or scary looking, but I'm definitely not like the girls at my college. Most of them have long hair and kill their faces with makeup. I have giant scares on my legs from football and soccer games and I am almost always in ripped jeans and a sweater. I don't get why I'm not approachable.

MHO isn't really the most helpful. I clicked his on accident. Please disregard and comment for yourself:)

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Guys don't like tom boys. The Girlier the better. I'm sorry but you've been misled by the timeless lie - I want a girl that's like one of the guys. No guy wants that. I don't know who came up with that or why. Hope that helps

• I always heard guys like girls who can hang with the guys but still look feminine. Guess I heard wrong lol

• I have a girl who will play VG and after fuck and watch a movie and back to the VG.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 65

• I definitely like "tomboys" because they aren't so fussy, finicky, whiney etc etc.
    tomboys in general are less shallow than girly girls as well.
    tomboys enjoy doing things that I like doing. My last girl friend didn't even want to go camping.
    There are limits to everything though so you have to find some sort of a balance.
    In general tomboys have less "issues" but I am attracted to both tomboys and girly girls

• No one's asked... where are you going to college? That might make a difference - if it's a small conservative christian place in the US South, you might be facing an uphill battle breaking gender stereotypes. If you're in the pacific northwest, then something weird is going on :p

• Oh, and hang in there. It can be rough, but there ARE lots of guys who like more tomboy girls.

• I go to a christian college in the northeast

• Hmm... well, it could be worse. But it's entirely possible that your immediate environment isn't favouring you :/ Keep your interests wide, be social, and don't give up - there *will* be guys interested; you'll just have to be patience.

• I like the personality of tomboys, especially the girls that fart any where at any time in any place including in public places. Girls farting is funny in a good way :) Please don't judge me.

• I like tomboys but not fake tomboys.
    If I can say let's go and I don't have to wait for you to change shoes 5 fucking times instead of getting ready, that's a plus. But not knowing how to put on a dress and be feminine is not attractive. That's like me not knowing how to tie a tie. Doesn't mean I have to wear one every time but capabilities are the important factor, in many aspects. Are you capable of reproduction, sex, motherhood, driving without crashing, not spending MY money on dumb stuff etc. Hope that helps. And you will need to find a man who is secure in his masculinity. If a girl has a large bone structure I see that as potential for stronger offspring because in the end, it's about the kids, not how feeble and petite my wife is. Hope that helps

• It sounds to me like you simply haven't met someone who's interested in what you love, nor in supporting it.
    Don't change who you are, because you'll never be happy, and you won't find someone who shares what you enjoy. Instead, you might find other people or groups who enjoy what you're doing, and they might be able to bring you to the people you need to meet: accepting people who not only won't judge you, but who will embrace you.
    As for people who shy away from you: They sound like cowards who assume your intent. Are they worth over-thinking about?

• You are fine. There is a guy that likes every type of girl. There are guys that like all girls.
    If you are surrounded by Barbies, don't think there is something wrong with you. You sound awesome and set apart. A strong, confident woman that's comfortable in her own skin is far more attractive than one that is trying to look like everyone else.
    The age you are, there are a lot of guys that are just horn-dogs and looking to lay as many girls as possible. You'll find someone worthwhile… until then, don't sweat it and don't settle for less.
    Continue to be your kick-arse self… Go enjoy your hobbies and your studies. More than likely, there is already someone around you that likes you a lot, they just haven't said anything.

• yes as long as there fem

• he may like you physically... and for the fact that you are fun to hang out with..
    but your "hint of male nature" may be a problem for him... (your both can't be the alpha male)...

personally i do like tom boys with a bit of childish or girly nature..

• Man that top comment is just so wrong, -_- I think I like tom boys, I mean I really like girls who can pull off short hair cause its really cute and girls that you can just be yourself around are the best to. me but I don't know really, I just think girls who dont lie to me and are just real about themselves are best

• Not really, I want girls that act and look like girls. But I don't like excessive makeup so you're good in that aspect.

• I have a sweet spot for country girls so yeah, I do. If she likes cars and guns, that's amazing.
    Also, tomboys are less superficial than other girls in my experience. I don't like anyone who fusses over the small things that won't matter in a short time
    So, tomboys are fine by me

• Eh, I like tomboys only because they are different and I can take them outside and not hear them complain about how their dress is getting caught in something or whatever.

• I like tomboys they make great gals to date or be friends with my first girlfriend was a tomboy and went on to be a good friend for many years.

• As long as they still look like girls. Just yesterday I went to a small restaurant. There was a line for the restrooms, and a couple girls in line, and then (I thought) a guy. I got in line behind him and was a little irritated that he didn't move further down the hall to where the men's room was so I could have more room. After a minute I started to suspect that is was in fact a girl with a short buzz cut. It was a little awkward.

• tomboys have less sex appeal... and by your comment on other girls having long hair, i'm guessing you have short? i met a cute girl basketball player i was interested in dating... cute with long hair, then she cut it off. she literally looked like a boy at 10 yards off. talk about attraction killer. if i was gay it would've been awesome, lmao.

• I know one tomboy (she doesn't consider herself one but she dislikes how girls act and is mainly around guys and really talks like us) and she's actually pretty awesome because she's a lot of fun to hang out with and does epic stuff like paying on dates. Plus she can put up with all the crap we put her through.

• I think their cute Tomboys... ^_^

• Some are intimidated, more likely others are like "damn she's awesome" and are hesitant on looking like a fool and making the first move.

Been there before, so no worries, you'll be fine :)

• I actually prefer tomboyish girls, I don't like "girly girls".

• YES LOVE rough girls, but you still need to be able to "clean up" and look great on my arm. Ahh the best of both worlds

• In reality tomboy are not attractive, but if you are a sexy girl then intentionally dress up like a tomboy. That I what make guys go crazy.

• I love them! Two of my closest friends in college played on the rugby team. They liked to fuck, drink, one of them loved her drugs and both were smart too. One was Italian American and the other Japanese Italian American.

• I say keep doing what your doing BUT maybe use stronger smelling shampoo and assuming you have straight hair maintain it long. Fuck the makeup but make "your style" work and someone will be right with you.

Enjoy ;)

• I love em ^^

• When I was younger I always went out with tomboys, but the older I get the more I prefer girly girls :) That's me though, for every train there are passengers :)

• I like girls who play sports... but I don't want to see you in basketball shorts at a party... dress like a girl and you will be golden.. dress like a girl and you will have more
    Opportunities with guys... not saying you're going to get the guy of you're dreams... but dressing nicely rather than wearing basketball shorts is a step in the right direction... probably a
    Million steps in the right direction

• Tomboys are gold. Especially the ones that know how to balance a girly appearence with a typically guyish behavior.

However, a fake tomboy (feminist forcing herself to be guyish) is a huge turn off.

• I like tomboys. if I was in your college and you approached me, I would gladly accept you. But I am pretty sure you wouldn't even notice me :(.

• Some guys do, some guys don't. It also depends on the degree of tomboy. I know some tomboys who just don't dress well while others dress comfortably, but not repulsively.

• I love tomboys best of all. And I don't care for overly-dolled girls either... I like them to be the way they are... freckles and all. I love that. There are many guys who are the same way out there.

• I do like them... but i fear of getting puched! Lol...

• Punched*... no thats not true... it makes us guys feel inferior to you who are not that good at sports! You know we guys and our egos!

• Still i like them!

• More from Guys
    35

What Girls Said 5

• I'd think you'd be more approachable as a tomboy. If guys think you're intimidating maybe it's more of a vibe you give off as opposed to a certain style of dress. I know most of the time I look pissed off when I'm really not lol. I'd just try and give off a friendlier vibe. It can't hurt.

• Well, I'm not exactly a big tomboy, but I am somewhat familiar with how men think considering that consists of 79% of my family and friends. Anyways it really depends on the guy. I know my guy cousin who's more like my brother really, he loves tomboys and isn't a fan of the prissy makeupy ones. Now my brother is into the girls who dress up and crap. So yeah. Here's one thing I learned though-you don't have to look like you're going to get married, but at least look a little tidy. You know maybe brush your hair, wash your face, put on casual clothes. That's just my opinion, but like I said I ain't a guy so I ain't exactly a pro in this field.

• Yes.
    I my self am a tomboy.
    Get approached a lot. Just depends some dude told me they were scared to approach me cause I'd be aggressive and I am haha butt it just depends I smile a lot not with girls though only if we friends. put your hair down it could be that believe it nor guys will think if you have short your automatically a lesbian stupid sense but its men sense. But whatever a lot of guys prefer tomboys :)

• Tbh. Why can't girls be like GIRLS? be a girl cause that's what you are! Rejoice in your Feminine qualities!

• Gender-non-conforming/butch/"masculine" girls are still girlssssss, like trust me.. Female Masculinity is so Different from Male Masculinity, I don't really think the former exists at all; as it is understood under the Concept of Masculinity.. like masculinity is not for women in the /same/ way it is for men. :)

• I think if you're a girl.. be a girl not a guy. not only me, so many great people too think the same way! and if you're a guy, be a GUY that's why i dont like transsexuals too.. and why the fuck are people down voting me? people don';t even use their brains!

• If your a girl you have breasts and a vagina, therein being said , (unless you get a operation) you will , No matter what attitude personality, style, of interest you have will make you any less of a girl. Who gets to say how a female has to dress act or present herself? ... I believe you have the right to do what makes you happy.. mainstream media has made the importance of "fitting in " in a social setting into something young females feel necessary because there scared of rejection. So to stand out and just be happy being you , in my opinion , makes you even sexier. It's true confidence and that is a great a attribute

• no worries you will be appreciated by guys.. i've been a tomboy too