Why does everyone care about age gaps?

Why does everyone care seriously if it's not your relationship why get involved with just leave them alone and focus on your own lives and your own bf/gf...

Never leaving him so yeah fuck this don't bother with this anymore ✌
@kidinc3 still don't care

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 19

• In your 20s they do matter. As you get older they matter less.

In your 20s you're at a critical point and time where what you do easily determines whether or not you can have a good job, house, and so on when you get older. I have personally witnessed couples blindly following each other to the same college and partners changing their majors to try and fit their partner just to break up and flunk outta school. So think about an age gap where one is going to college and the other is already settled into a place. A lot of people want to transfer to reputable schools. So now the couple has to decide "stay with my partner and risk my career... or break up and pursue."

It's so easy to say "We'll make it work" but trust me, unless you experience it yourself, you'll never realize how hard it really is.

• he's working and I'm in school I'm not following him every where I can stand on my own feet

• Look, if you're going to slate opinions and tell them they're wrong because they differ to yours, then that alone shows you aren't quite as mature as you think you are and what's the point in posting. "Fuck this don't bother with this" is a poor approach haha, sorry to say.

For the post though, age gap isn't a huge problem - he's 19 so it's not like he's double your age - and as long as he understands some of the boundaries (formal ones... law?) then you're absolutely fine; I think it's a good thing that people are concerned because older people CAN take advantage, IF it's in their character.

Think of it as this; if you just saw age 15 and 19 (or whatever age) without any other knowledge and your daughter was the 15 year old, you would probably have some reservations if you didn't know the guy. Remember nobody here knows the guy so a proper opinion can't be formed of whether this age gap is bad! In some cases it clearly is, from an outside perspective it's easy to see.

But if you both understand and love each other, feel strongly enough and there's no dodgy goings on involved (him hiding things), then who's to stop you? Enjoy it for as long as it lasts, as long as you're both happy. :)

• Sorry but they're trying to say he's taking advantage of me and he's clearly not you may have noticed it really pissed me off

• cause thigh gaps are yesterday its all about age gaps now.

• Well last time R Kelly was with a girl your age he ended up peeing on her, and that just caused all sorts of problems.

• It's because girls your age have hormones that are going out of control, which makes it easy to manipulate girls your age. You may sincerely think what you feel might be love, but it's usually delusional thinking.

Once your body and mind are fully developed and the hormones settle down then you'll understand.

• i don't

i believe age is just a number basially

• when you get older and look back at this you will understand and girls your age are easy to manipulate

• I really don't care about age bc my crush is 8 years older than me n I love her n wanna spend my life with her...💕 n age is just a number 💐

• Because if we were dating it would be illegal and I would be a pedophile. That's why.

• Not really it's love there's a difference between love and loving kids

• Perhaps, but in the society we live in there are mores and values that establish what is considered acceptable. It is not so much that there is a practical issue, but instead that these cultural guidelines have been violated.

• because the law has something to say about it. For example, if you were here in ym state, i couldn't date you, you're 15, I'm going to be 26 on Thursday

• Just for clarification, what kind of age gaps are we talking about? A 14-year-old and an 18-year-old... or a 14-year-old and a 48-year-old?

• i dont care about age gaps as long as both people involved are above the age of consent. Beyond that, it becomes questionable

• Because your a kid and kids don't have fully developed brains to understand things the way adults do.

So you may say you don't care but adults know better than you. So we're just guiding you to positive path.

• No your not your trying to destroy what I'm happy with

• I won't go older he's my first bf and my last he's perfect for me I'm very comfortable with him I can be myself with him

• Sure seems fine i guess, wish you a good relationship :)

• Haven't cared about age gaps since I was a kid. I found that if there is a gap, it works better than the same age. Granted I'd love to do a true and full sized study on this.

• I don't care about age gaps as long as two people love one another that's all matters

• Yes yes yes! Love him millions

• Think you're the only one on here who understands everyone else hate seeing people happy

• Thank You )
      I think it's foolish for people to worry about age gap
      i believe everyone deserves a chance and if the loves there
      that is what matters if we listen to every negative minded person
      we would be going crazy ;/

• Honestly, I don't think it matters so long as the law isn't being broken and the two are responsible adults that make eachother happy. Just MHO.

• i think if you're good with women before and take care of yoruself, its less of an issue.

dating at your age is just eperiemental in my opinion. no one gets married or lasts starting in their teens. extremely rarity

• he's fine he's a good guy and doesn't just want sex

• and to answer your question, the real issue is mental age and stage in life because that can be a serious stressor.

• Because it has a great impact on the relationship.

• But it doesn't

• Trust me it does, i've dated a girl who is a lot younger than i, and it didn't turn out so well, as you grow older you start to realize how different you've become.

• I guess.. you need to say that to people who are annoyed by it!

What Girls Said 11

• You'll understand when you are older.

• Your response sounds very immature.

That is why people think you should not get with someone 15 years older than yourself. You still have the child like mentality.

Very rarely, would a man 30 years old genuinely be interested in someone that's 15.
    Most guys involving themselves with a girl so much younger, are in it for sex.

Different than a 30 and 45 year old dating.
    Because these are both adults.

• he's 4 years hardly a big deal ffs

• Thank you

• No problem

• My first boyfriend was 12 years older than me, I was a legal age (barely) now that I look back on it it really wasn't okay. I wasn't old or mature enough and he sort of took advantage of that.. it would have been a different story if I was say 30 and him 42, but when one of the parties involved is still basically a child and the other an adult it's wrong and perverted in my opinion.

• Well said. 👌😌

• Thanks guys

Asker, I never said nor ment to imply that you're stupid and I'm so sorry to hear about your parents, but technically you are still a child no matter how mature you are. I'm not sure what the law is where you are but here if you were to have sex with him it would be statutory rape as you're underage. Big age gaps in relationships can be tricky because you are both at different stages of your life. If you were at least 18 and he was 22 it would be a bit different as you're at least legally an adult then and you will have more life experience and maturity. You have to understand that to people judging your relationship it looks like a 19yr boy taking advantage of a young girl.

• I know it could look like that but when were together alone cuddling he's harmless he would never do that he couldn't and he doesn't pressure me into anything if I say no he leaves it at that if I'm unwell or it's that time he goes out gets flowers chocolates and gets a movie watches it with me and rubs my tummy not all boys are out for sex

• because it is difficult finding mutual things in common with someone who is 5 plus years older than you. forget about the age gap its about a gap in maturity and life experiences. you're 14-15 and your boyfriend is 20. firstly this guy probably finds it hard to relate with you unless he hass the maturity of a teenager. secondly literally any decent guy would never date someone this young! do yourself a favor and focus on yourself sure it seems really cool to date someome who is fully grown and has a job and a car and is mentally more mature but really at 14-15 you need to just focus on school and shit. i could be giving this advice to deaf ears but whatever i hope you head my advice

• and this is just a little aspect of the subject. other opinions are right when they say you will learn as you mature and age. he is using you because yes you are naive and you probably see him as cool and older and its sexy. he doesn't love you and he will say whatever he thinks you will like just so he can sleep with you...

• No he's not like that at all that's completely wrong

• If he is old enough to be your father (say 16 years older than you or more), then that just seems wrong to me. You are 15, the oldest guy you should be dating around now is 21 or younger or else it just seems like he wants t have sex with you. Plus you are 15, you should be studying not dating old men...

• Back in the Middle ages it would be common for Men in their 30's or something to marry like 13yr olds. So age gaps used to not matter. But in today's society. People grow up believing that relationships with certain age gaps are abomination. So majority of people can not accept things like that.

• It depends on their maturity, I think some people forget that in some situations the girl can be more mature than the guy, I left an older guy once because of that, I don't even really call those relationships to be honest, how many guys would wait for their girl to turn 18 and not 16(age of sexual consent)? I'm not saying that it's not possible but in general a huge age gap wouldn't work out as much as a smaller one for example you said that you were turning 16 on wensday? I think a relationship with an 18-19 year old, possibly 20 could work out but not with a 25 year old.

• It's only 4/5 years he's waiting until I'm 18 for marriage because he's a nice boy but people here can't accept that or let anyone be happy

• No one cares about age gaps except when it's with someone severely younger... Like in their teens dating someone who is in thier 20's. That's a difference mentally, it might not seems like it but there is. The guy I'm dating is 22, & I'm 24. I see the age gap to a certain extent I'm just fortunate that he is actually mature for his age. So I could work with that.

• I'm 24 and I care about age gaps because of machuritty level I once used to date guys that were in the 25 to 29 age range and the ones I dated used to be immature towards me but were as when I used to date guys that were 18-22 I didn't see them as immature

• When you reach 18, age gaps won't matter unless the guy is old enough to be your dad.

• I don't care about age difference! I'm 20 and the guy I like is like 15 years older then me! So no judgement here! :)