What age should I have started dating by?

I'm just a little scared that I'm nearly 17 (next month) and I've still never dated or had a girlfriend. I feel sorta uncomfortable around girls and I have had close female friends, but I've never actually flirted with them, and I've either been treated as a good friend (which is perfectly fine) or a weirdo. (Sometimes i come off kinda needy (I don't mean to I don't know how things work) and people want me to leave them alone and I don't pick up the signs till they already have a pretty good idea about me :( ) I want to start dating, but I don't want to be seen as a weirdo. Have I started too late? Do I not have enough experiance? :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're okay. Dating in highschool doesn't really mean much it's more fore experience than "love " because the likely hood that you'll marry someone you've dated in highschool in our society is super slim.

• That's kinda what i was thinking though. I have no experiance... Will that be a problem in future?

• I dont think so... i think you'll definitely meet people that are after one thing and dont want to deal with someone who has no previous experience but there are definitely people out there that you'll meet that won't care because they want to get to know you as a person... Overall I would say dont be in a rush to do a lot of stuff just go with what you're comfortable with.

What Girls Said 1

• im 19 and never ha one and am not worried at all and you shouldn't either :D

What Guys Said 4

• I waited till 16 partially because it was what my parents wanted but still. Just start slow like just individual dates and if it goes well date her steadily. Don't sweat it though 17 isn't too old.

• it's ok dude. my sister is in exactly the same boat. exept she is a little older. your not too late. just be yourself and try to meet slit of new people. soon you will find your girl

• Thanks I'm glad It's not just me. That's the problem though. I don't know where to meet people, and people scare me! *hides* I don't know...

• 17-18yo is the normal age to start dating in my opinion, before that its pointless stupid and a waste of time.

• i would say in the 18-24 age range