I told him I didn't want a relationship. He stopped talking to me. Why?

There's this guy who approached me at the gym 2 weeks ago. He's really nice and funny so I gave him my number when he asked. He took me out to a dance and he was great fun. However, he started touching me (hand around my back) etc. and tried to kiss me. I pulled away.
He still kept talking the next few days and asked me out again. This time, I told him in the politest way that I think he's a great guy but I'm not after a relationship right now, and I don't like doing casual sex.
He told me we can't be friends any more and stopped talking. He sees me at the gym, just says hi and looks away.
I don't get it? Am I not worth more than just sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure you're worth more than sex. He was trying to date you not just have sex.

You rejected him on both.

No he wasn't interested in spending time building a friendship with you when he could be spending that time pursuing s relationship with someone else.

And men are not all that excited about, for example, heading to a dance with a friend.

What Guys Said 5

• You rejected him, so why bother. He's hurt by the rejection. It's not that he don't want to talk to you. He feels awkward talking to you because you rejected him.

• I would've done the exact same thing

• He probably feels weird after getting rejected lol. You really expect things to be all good after you politely rejected him? Polite or not it still hurts and the best way to get over it is no contact. Did he indicate he wanted sex?

• Just as you don't owe him a relationship or sex, he doesn't owe you a friendship. Why should he compromise his desire while you get to have yours fulfilled? How is that fair?

• maybe it's the manner in which you told him, he knew what he wanted and he just doesn't do the friend thing, you should of told him to take it slow, if he genuinely liked you he would have respected that

What Girls Said 2

• You rejected both of the things he wanted from you. He now has no reason to talk to you. Don't feel bad about it, that's the way things are. He just doesn't want to waste any more time on you.

• He probably liked you and/or wanted sex, you want neither so he's moving on. I don't get what's wrong, its the best thing to do.