How do you think about drinking and smoking?

Hi, guys and girls. When you are trying to chase an opposite-sex people, how will think if you find he/she drinks/smokes?
Do you like them? Or not? Or do you even care?
Which one do you like more? Which one do you hate more?

@kaylaS91 What do you think?
By the way, I only drink a little and never smoke.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think as with everything, drinking is okay within moderation. If the guy is still heading out to bars/club with friends every weekend, that's pretty excessive. However, I'm not opposed to having a beer or glass of wine every weekend or every other weekend for those really relaxing nights in together.

I have a no-smoking policy though. Doesn't matter how much or how often, if the guy is a smoker, it's not going to fly.

• Yea, I agree.
      But could you imagine this situation: if your boyfriend smokes only once or twice per month, and he did not tell you that because you never asked about. Then one day you accidentally finds he is smoking, while your relationship is good and solid.
      Will that be a deal-breaker for you?

• I guess I'd be okay with once or twice a month, but not sure how likely that would be. I'd imagine that once you smoke even a bit, your tolerance will build up to the point that you'd need more to get hte same fix, no? So I guess I'd be hesitant to trust that's his monthly amount.

Most Helpful Guy

• I completely refrain from smoking and drinking, but that doesn't mean those are 'turn off's for me in a woman, as long as she does them within limits.

What Girls Said 10

• I prefer guy that doesn't drinking and smoking at all. Bit still alright, i think. But most of all, if he is smoking, than that's a big no for me. I've an asthma (and quite bad), so a bit of smoke and my lung would gone wild. So no, it's same as kill myself,

• I don't really care when it's restricted to a healthy level..(as healthy as such habits could be considered..)

• If a guy smokes, it's an instant turn off. Drinking is not so bad, if he doesn't get completely wasted.

• Me personally, I find it a major turn off.

• Yes both are a major turn off for me. I've come from a family that does both and they are complete losers. It's just ingrained in my head that I don't want involved with what they do.

• I don't like any of that stuff. I don't like smoking note though.

• I don't like guys that smoke nor drink.

• I personally Drink

• If he doesn't drink, he probably isn't for me. It's not a deal breaker of course, but I'd prefer if he does.

I don't care if he smokes. Chain smoking is a deal breaker, but moderate smoking is fine.

• Having some drinks at social gatherings is fine every once in a while but drinking every day or getting plastered every wkend is a big NO. Smoking is okay as long as they go outside or move away from me so the smoke doesn't bother me. Dipping is disgusting! Weed is ok, prefer it over the smell of cigarettes. Pretty much if they drink too much or do crazy drugs, then I'm out!

• I really don't care. My guy smokes weed and drinks. I think if alcohol is abused then it becomes an issue!

What Guys Said 6

• Little bit of drinking is fine, but there has to be a limit. Lots of alcoholism in my family, and I won't put up with a girl who gets drunk twice a week.

Smoking, preferably not. Bad breath, has to isolate herself to smoke, and the whole 'lung cancer' thing.

I guess I'd prefer to be her only addiction.

• i will prefer a girl who neither drinks nor smokes. but i can accept if a girl drinks and smokes on social occasions

• I'm mostly interested in people who don't do that regularly.
    Not much of a drinker and NEVER smoker is the ideal for me.

• I think the alcohol companies are smart and make lots of money but they will not get one cent from me.

• There's noting long with drinking if it's done in moderation. Smoking is never good, though.

• Never smoke or drink is my personal preference. Both drinking and smoking are major turn-offs.