What makes you uninterested in a friend as a potential partner?

The friend zone Is a stupid construction and for people who like to whine. I'm not asking why you friend zone people I'm asking what usually makes you uninterested? Is it usually looks or is personality? What draws the line of friend and boy/girlfriend with the opposite sex?

Most Helpful Girl

• because we're already friends. I have a hard time seeing a guy as anything else, unless the friendship started with me crushing on him and I never truly got over it.

• So if the guy was good looking and you get along with him what makes the difference? If you found out your good looking friend liked you would you consider him a possibility? Is it really just the idea that you are friends. Why doesn't it change. I'm just curious?

• How does someone need to approach you (from the start) in order to make you think differently?

• as if he's not looking for a new friend

What Girls Said 3

• It's normally personality, I don't think I've ever not liked somebody because of looks - if we don't have loads in common, if they don't have a similar sense of humour to me (sarcastic and teasing, as this is usually my way of flirting), if they've been out with a friend of mine, or I just value their friendship - maybe I don't want to lose it. Maybe I just don't find them attractive, not necessarily looks, but if I just don't have the urge to kiss them, then that probably doesn't help. xo

• Sometimes it's just a chemical reaction (or lack thereof) like if I meet a guy he could be gorgeous or sweet or whatever but if I don't feel that spark I'm not going to pursue anything.

• They're not as open minded as i am.

What Guys Said 1

• Lack of physical attraction. Primarily.

Elements of behavior that make them undesirable to me. Secondarily.

Why is behavior secondary in this case? Because if I find something off-putting about their behavior, it's already surprising they're a friend of mine in the first place!