He rejected me, but flirts and suggests I should ask him out again? Wtf?

So I asked this guy to go out with me over spring break and he said that the whole spring break, the entire week, that he was going to be extremely busy training. I really only asked him to take an hour out of his day to go skating but whatever, I figured he's just not into me..

But then he told me that I could ask him out again any time to do something (why can't he ask me out?) and he continues flirting with me...

I know it sounds like he's actually busy, but it just sounded so vague and fake when he said it..

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe he actually WAS really busy. tell him you did your part and if he really wants to hang out then HE can ask YOU out any time and just see what happens.

What Guys Said 3

• I think if it sounded vague and fake to you, your intuition is likely right. He should have countered with an alternate time. It's like he's saying, keep trying maybe I'll change my mind.

• Yeah that's what I was thinking... I might need to just move on now

• I'm not sure about this guy. But yeah, he sounds rather fishy.

• I can't stop thinking about it... I see him again on Monday though so I'll see how he acts

• Ask him about it on Monday then. If he's still acting like an idiot, move on. Either of you can tell the other that you like them and you want to hang out with them. But if the other person is being weird (undecisive or the like), then move on.

• Yeah I will, thanks for the advice (:

• okay, pretty simular thing happend to me, flirts with me a lot -> rejects,
    i tried to not care and she went mad, literally mad

What Girls Said 3

• Tell him that you don't want to burden his already busy schedule so if he finds free time and wants to hang out he should give you a call.. Thus you show that you are not indifferent towards him +you hand him the initiative so you can go on without thinking it too much! ;)

• HE wants to get in you that's why

• He is a player

• But he's really not... he's a nice guy who doesn't get many girls. I don't get what his problem is but it's stressing me out ugh

• I know I should, but I'm still waiting for him to text me back... so I don't want to double text him haha

• Double text hilnis okay or call him and the him everything kind of mad