Drive to his town for first date? How should I respond?

I met a new guy Thursday night through a mutual friend. He and I live 45 minutes from each other with the friend in the middle. He asked me for my card and sent a "nice to meet you, hope you made it back ok" kind of email. I responded in kind a little less than 24 hours later. He responded within the hour and said he'd "like to invite me" to his town "to show me" their restaurants and that he'll be out if town Monday night through Thursday night for business but is "available when you are." I'm interested and want to give this a good chance and a good start. But is driving to him for a first date setting a bad precedent? Shouldn't he be driving to me and trying to impress me for a first date? How should I respond? Thanks!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• "Shouldn't he be driving to me and trying to impress me for a first date?"

Why? Is it nineteen fifty fucking three? If you want to go on the date, go on the date. It's not a big deal.