Still depressed about losing a guy 3 years later?

I can't get over him no matter what i do... i feel so alone and i can't get over the guilt of letting him get away no matter what i do. I waste my time with guys i don't care about in an attempt to get over him but nothing works.

I just don't feel happy anymore.

Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in the same boat as you for a while now. Aside of the girl I was heels over head leaving me, my health has just hasn't been to strong and I'm not in a good financial place. I only am able to see the worst in life and any shred of positivity is just a silly cliche. The meaning of life I've recently found does not exist, the good people in life are often fucked over and it's completely clear now if you want something The only ways it'll be possessd is if it's payd for. coy, conning or deceiving someone. Money, beauty, and knowledge is power, and if you don't posses any of those then there will be someone like me waiting around the corner waiting to rape the fuck out of your ass and it wouldn't even be a bother because people like me know that life is just a fucked up game and we are only doing what's natrual as a human being

• Umm you do know negativity breeds more negativity, right? I'm not saying life is roses, but for goodness sakes don't go purposely pricking yourself on them! Sheesh...

What Guys Said 5

• it's 3 years... you should have get over him already... it's better to do, otherwise you won't go anywhere by thinking of him, always ;-)

• Let me be the first to say what your feeling isn't abnormal. I still love a girl who lefts for another guy, then in which I "took back" afte she got used by said Guy, then played me along for 2 months thinking we were getting back together, then she finally decided she didn't "feel it" anymore. This was 6+ months ago and I'm still not over it. They say time helps, but man I think it takes more than that.

• Nostalgia. It wasn't as great as you are thinking it was. Instead of trying to get with other dudes to feel comforted take some time for yourself. People are way too dependent on relationships. You can have a fulfilling life without being in a relationship (that doesn't mean you shouldn't have one though).

• i have though honestly i tried taking take to be by myself for the first year and a half and that didn't work and so now im trying to be with other guys and that's not working either i just dont get it!

• Go on long vacation with yourvfriends
    the more busy u r
    the more u are able to heal

• Just sleep with more studs. You aren't sleeping with enough of them

What Girls Said 2

• You broke up with him?

• yeah and i hurt him too... I wanted to be single at the time (i was 18 and had just started college) i thought were would be other guys and didn't realize what i had till it was gone

• Also there was a lot of game playing on both of our end. Sorry for the rant lol that's like the full story.

• I see well goodness me, 21 is a bit young to throw in the love towel, no? You have your whole life ahead of you... you have just begun! And you will grow and change through the years and find someone to love the new you. No worries, my dear. When you find the "one" it's like none of the old/failed relationships matter anymore and yet were completely worth every tear for the amount of pure bliss and happiness you have found. I believe that ;)

• I know... it's tough. I am going through something similar. I have to remind myself that it didn't work out between me and him for a reason. The past is the past and we must learn to let it stay there. We can cherish the memories and how great it was. But, it didn't work out for a reason. Everything happens for a reason. It just wasn't meant to be...