Should I stop the conversation to protect myself?

So every time I start talking to a guy I like he ends up leading me on for a couple of weeks then just stops talking to me. I started talking to this guy a little bit more than a week ago and he's not shy at all. He's popular, sarcastically funny a lot, and a really nice person too. Anyways we hung out a week ago and it was okay I guess. He kept flirting with me and everything. He's complimented me some but it's been a couple of days since he's done it again. And it's also been a couple of days since he's started the conversation. Anyways he was pissed off yesterday because he got in a fight with his parents and I tried to calm him down and help him and stuff, but he just wouldn't get over it. That conversation died down and he didn't answer again. It's been over a day since we've talked and it was obvious that he liked me but I just don't know amymore. What should I do? Keep making the conversation and try to find out if he still likes me? Or just end the conversation myself because I have a feeling I'm going to get hurt anyways? Thank you guys!

Most Helpful Girl

• let him start the next few convos if he doesn't then he's not the guy for you move on..

What Guys Said 2

• Oh man.. people are all like this.. they are confused and doesn't know what they want.. leave him alone for couple days.. then send him ONE text only.. if he answered fine.. if didn't let it gooo

• you should know when to keep on trying and when to give up.

What Girls Said 2

• Just try not to be clingy and worry because everyone goes through moments where they just want to be alone. is after a fight.. but just give it a few days and see what happens... but don't become clingy

• Maybe it's a guys way of trying to flirt? You could try giving him a bit more time to see if he will come around, but if he doesn't then it may be time to end the conversation.