Is 16 too young to date?

I'm turning 16 soon, and my parents say I can't date (but that was last said about two years ago), so is it possible that when I turn 16 they'll say otherwise? And is 16 too young to date?

Most Helpful Guy

• No I don't think 16 is too young to date. My only advice would be to not rush into things and take things slowly.

• I'm afraid of what could happen if things do go too fast, I. e. Sex when I'm not ready... So yeah... Slow was my plan!

• Good idea. And don't let any guy try to talk you into having sex. If he does that then he's not respecting you and he's not worth being with

• Exactly! I don't quite understand relationships completely, but I do understand how certain kinds of guys behave in relationships! "An ingenuine guy will tell you anything if he thinks it'll lead to sex." One of the first lessons I learned when I hit adolescence!

What Guys Said 4

• Nope I think age 16 is a good place to start!

• Not really

• I think noone should date under 26, in my opinion buttttt that's just me. I think your parents are right though, they should at least keep you from dating until you're 18. Why? That's when you're an adult, legally, and can make your own decisions, especially moving out of the house. Their house, their rules

• 16 isn't too young to date, it just isn't taken as seriously.

• Taken as seriously by whom?

• trust thats what dating in high school pretty much is. you might go to a movie but like, nothing serious.

• Well, just because you don't have sex doesn't mean it's not a relationship... It just means you can't commit to THAT extent, and don't want to go TOO far.

What Girls Said 4

• hm, if i had kids id rather not have them date till school is done because there is so much going on from 16-18 and id just like study to come first.
    id rather them b a little pissed at me for placing that on them, than to have them work at maccas for the rest of their lives because they didn't set high goals.

• No it's jsut fine, some may disagree but id be more worried if you were 12 or 14 lol i personally nobody should date until they are at least 16 because they have a better understanding and more developed.

• Yes if you are clueless

• I'm 19 and still feel too young to date.

• I guess it's a preference thing...

• Yea that's true. Though I wouldn't rush anything. I think the best time is when you find someone that feels right and treats you right. Like I wouldn't set out to go on at date just cause I hit 16, I would wait until I found the right guy and who knows... It could take a month, a year or even 5

• I've had crushes, actually am crushing right now, but haven't been able to do anything about it because my parents won't/wouldn't let me date, but if when I turn sixteen I can, I can actually start to really... Look around? I guess? If they makes sense...