What do you do when a platonic friendship is ruined by feelings creeping in?

I have had a really good guy friend for years. He calls me every day and it is awesome because we are completely platonic. We live hours away so we only see each other a few times a year. He casually mentioned he was being set up on date. I was cool about it since we are just friends. I became freaked out, because as time went I felt jealousy creeping up After a few days I felt so confused. If I have developed feelings for him is our friendship doomed? I really don't want to lose him, but I don't know if I can keeping chatting with him daily if my feelings keep growing. I don't think the feelings are mutual, but we have been friends for so long that we are pretty deep in the friendzone. I feel like going with the shoot first theory and just telling hI'm he shouldn't call me every day, but then part of me is devastated at the thought of losing that connection I have had so long.

I really value this friendship, but I am not sure what to do to preserve it.

What Guys Said 1

• It doesn't sound to me like this is just a friendship.. :)

• I guess we emotionally are more than friends, but I feel like if I layed it all out he would not want more.

What Girls Said 1

• You may feel jealous because you feel this girl might take your place as his friend, that she may make him talk to you less. It is perfectly normal, don't stop being friends because of it. If it becomes a problem just talk to him about it. Don't ruin your friendship over nothing.