Ex contacted me, now I feel weird about my current boyfriend?

Broke up with my ex three months ago and I've sarted a relationship with an amazing guy. My ex was a very bad person and did some very sick things while with me. Lately I'm in a great place with my current relationship but in the last week I found 20-30 emails from my crazy ex. They were very romantic, very sweet, and it was very hard for me. Now, I feel distant and strange with my current boyfriend and really weird in general. Is this normal? Will it go away soon?

Just to make this clear, my current guy is 1000 times more morally- right and trustworthy than my ex. My ex did several very traumatizing things while he was with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your ex is trying to manipulate you into getting back with him, and or so that you will ruin your current situation. It is normal to feel confused, and distant after you were contacted from an abuser. You pull away because you become scared, even if you don't realize it. I would suggest getting professional help, to help you through this, and help you get past what he did to you, so that this won't happen again. I would also talk to the police about what to do about him contacting you since he did abuse you. Don't let him take away something good from you. Also tell your boyfriend, let him know what is going on so he can help you as much as he can. Message me if you need help in any way, and I will help you as much as I can. Let me know if you have any more questions.

What Guys Said 1

• I would find a way to block his emails. There are many tutorials online about how to do it. If the guy was a sick pile of whatnot, don't give him a second thought. Embrace your current, moral, trustworthy boyfriend. Tell your current BF that the guy is creeping after you, so he can help keep the d-bag way. He should admire the fact that you are willing to tell him about it, and you don't have to worry about him finding a stray love-letter and thinking you might be cheating. Honesty is the most important part of a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• I would certainly talk to the guy you're with now about what you are feeling. You can't leave him in the dark about these things, especially if you are serious about each other.