Guys (and girls), would you date a homeless high school dropout?

Pretty much the question in the title. Someone claimed that they would, and I'm curious to see just how common that belief is.

I personally think people ought to have at least standards towards their partner regarding education and assets, so I would go for "no".

Guys, you may assume she is physically attractive.

• ABSOLUTELY
  • YES
  • MAYBE, I'D THINK ABOUT IT
  • NO
  • OH GAWD HELL NO
I hope to get answers and stuff

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh gosh. I strongly prefer a guy who has an education. He doesn't have to have 20 doctorate degrees, but at least high school, preferably some college. The (lack of) education is not an automatic deal breaker, but he will get lots and I mean lots of points deducted.
    Homeless? How did he end up homeless? Does he not have a family or friend willing to let him stay for a while?
    I probably wouldn't date him. And no, it's not cuz I'm a gold digger. I just know that lots of homeless people have deep psychological problems and I don't think I'm prepared for that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely not, because of the homelessness. One doesn't become homeless unless one has psychological problems and (at a deeper level) philosophical problems. It is not primarily a financial problem any more than a bad gambling habit is.

As for being a high-school drop-out, that wouldn't be a deal-breaker. I'm much more interested in knowledge, intelligence and career than status. But, that said, it's almost always a bad sign.

• Isn't the lack of even such basic education an indicator for a lack of intelligence that you seek?

• That said, I don't think schools these days are very educational. The only reason that schooling is still an indicator of intelligence is that intelligent people tend to want to go to school, not because schools are actually educational.

• Well I'm pretty sure they teach some things that are necessary. I learned stuff at university too. Same in high school, sometimes you just need math.

What Girls Said 9

• fcxk no, my standards are higher than that.

• If they stick with me and treat me right, then why not? I've been poor and jobless/helpless it's really rough to build your life from scratch. I have no financial support or support if I fail, so understanding that, it doesn't make someone less of a person if they did not go to school or hit a rough patch and has no where to go. In all reality, I actually think someone who is homeless is smarter and more capable than someone who went to school and lives the good life. I personally can't afford to take time out of work (working 2 jobs and barely making it) and go to school, so education doesn't concern me. Neither does money or financial security, I'll be permanently screwed in that aspect forever I think.

• He's either an artsy wuss that PEOPLE DON'T GEEEEET and he prefers to live with the constantly-stoned bohemians on the street or he's just completely out of touch with reality. A reasonably intelligent, resourceful fellow would find a homeless shelter or for the love of God, at least finish the goddamn school! Honestly, it's not hard. I have studied literally only during breaks in my 3 years in high school, always getting 6s and 5s (I'm in the IB, so it's like Bs and Cs).

• Although homeless shelters suck, people steal all your stuff while you're asleep.

• I mean... maybe... but they'd have to be a REALLY awesome person. And I'd have to be wealthy enough to support us both. And they'd have to get a job after I help them on their feet so when we break up they aren't totally helpless.

• "so when we break up" <- LOL your attitude about relationships is a 10/10

• It's really down to how dedicated you are

• its not just dedication man
      why dedicate yourself to something that just isn't working?

• It depends. If he wanted to work, I would help him. If I saw that he only wanted to bludge, then no.
    Not because of money or status, but simply because it shows a weak personality.

• If they were a super good person and I was attracted to them I don't know. I don't want to date a hobo but the heart wants what it wants, bro.

• Wouldn't even consider it

• I have to say N-O

• A high school drop out, no. You have to at least finish high school. I understand how you can become homeless. It's happened to me, it takes compassion, some will never have that.

• Technically, even I don't own a house, I'm renting a place. But I still have enough financial resources to maintain that, mostly because I actually finished high school (and university up to bachelor's) and so I actually have a job.

It takes skill and effort to be so alone that you end up in such a bad condition and have absolutely nobody willing to help you out in some regard, though, no? Not sure, becoming homeless seems complicated.

• My grandparents are have long gone to the grave and I didn't go to school in this state, so I had no friends or family here. You're absolutely lucky you you've never ended up crying in a church to unfamiliar faces, in a place, so unfamiliar you couldn't find your way home if you tried. Thankfully, I met my boyfriend and found a place of rest. I wish people would just speak with the person they deem mentally ill, because homeless doesn't mean we are broken. More often than not we've been forgotten or abandoned. Truly, something is missing from the heart of man.

• With that context in mind, I AM lucky.

What Guys Said 11

• If I knew her before she got in that situation, possibly.
    If she was a homeless HS dropout when I met her, no.

• by education you mean just some basic education or even academic basically?

• Primary school and secondary school, but not necessary college/university

• I would... I would want to know the reason of her situation... if its legit, we can go to wonderland too! Lol

• No... I need ambition in a partner. Maybe under very selective circumstances and if she was planning on a GED and possible further education.

• Sure, I'd date a female homeless high school dropout. I just hope she has ambitions to have a better life.

• No I wouldn't because I don't think that we would be suitable for each other

• Depends on the person herself really.

• I would not date them

• How would I ever run into a homeless person to begin with, assuming I don't volunteer someplace where they'd be?

• While I think it's unlikely that I would, I suppose it's conceivable that I might. If I met a girl and we got on, finding out she was homeless wouldn't make cut contact with her - but I highly doubt I will meet such a girl.