Why does he want to hurt me so badly? does he still have feelings for me, or he just wants revenge?

I was seeing this guy ( we're both 18) for a few months. i never openly told him that i liked him and neither did he, although we both really really liked each other. Once when we were hanging out, he started being really distant, and i didn't ask him what was going on ( i probably should've, i think he was hurt ) then, at school, he started acting completely differently than usually, he was really quiet and shy when i was around. then one of his good friend accidentally told me that he wanted something serious with me (which is a first since he never had any serious relationship), so then i just waited and i invited him to my birthday party (1 month later). the day before he sends me a text saying that he can't come because he has to catch up a Valentine's day diner. later i discovered that the girl he's having diner with is one of his good friend (shes in love with him but he friend zoned her since ages) and his friends told me that just made everything up to annoy me. so then i got mad and told him I'm glad that he's not coming. then two days later i see him at a club and he starts saying that 'i was just a flirt, nothing more' i just pretended that 'i never implied that there was something serious between us' then he goes to talk to my best friend and randomly tells her that he's completely in love with the girl of the Valentine's day diner. obviously its bs, all his friends told me he's trying to hurt me. then at school he ignores me and still acts shy around me, then at a party, i was stupidly drunk and i went to talk to him and said 'look i don't want to have problems, I'm sorry if I've hurt you, but i just want us friend or at least on good terms' as soon as i said that he started being really angry and screaming like i don't care leave me. he leaves and goes to kiss the girl of Valentine's day diner in front of me. then his good friend was flirting with me and he passes by and says 'have fun'. what can i do now? does he still love me but he's hurt?

Most Helpful Guy

• No he doesn't. Just let him go. He is not nice. Immature. And you are wasting your time. Why be treated poorly.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I dont think he loves you to be honest. he is obiviously passing you off to his good friend like you are nothing more than trash or a tool. If he really cared he would have showed up at your birthday party. And he would not have said that the girl was just a flirt. he would have been honest and said the girl was a love interest, or some thing. he probably is using you for a reaction, to see how a girl behaves.

• Girl, you need to let this boy be to his own weird ass problems. It sounds like a bunch of chaos and confusion. At 18, simplicity is key. He clearly is a fucking weirdo so I think you should just move on and find someone who won't play mind games with you. I'm sure you don't deserve that.