Is height kind of like breast size?

For men, big breasts are a huge plus, but they are something the vast majority of men don't care at all about if the woman is hot. In fact, you'll find very, very few men turn down a woman with small breasts if she is already attractive. Is height kind of like that for women? That is, do women (besides a small minority) actually care about height if the guy is hot? Would most women actually reject a good-looking, hot guy (forgetting about personality for the moment) if he was 5'7 or 5'8? I find it hard to believe that they would, but what do I know lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm iffy on the comparison but to answer your question, most women do not care as much as you might think. I don't know a single girl who would turn down an attractive guy that she likes bc he was 5'8" instead of 6'1". Unless of course she herself was taller than 5'8", but even then I've met girls who will date shorter guys

What Girls Said 6

• Height is not a big issue with me. Like you don't need to be 6 feet tall to get my attention.

• 5'7 and 5'8 are still significantly taller than me so it wouldn't bother me.

• No a man's height is like a woman's weight

• Woah... that is a huge claim. So, a short man is like a fat woman?

• Really? No comment?

• Whats there to comment? I understand what you were saying but that's not the case in life. Women place way more value on power and wealth than looks.

• I dont really care as long as the guy is taller than me and im only 5'3 so not really a big issue.. i could overlook it if i really liked the guy

• Yes i guess u could say that. I love love tall men. If a man is short its like i don't take him seriously

• I'm not your downvote but by your logic any girl with small breast, I shouldn't take seriously?

• Everything you said sounded like satire, so I assummed you were just trolling.

• Nope not trolling. Im serious i don't like short men. But i have friends who love short men and date nothing but short men so to each his own.

• I think it really depends on the person. For example, I'm 5ft so to me height doesn't really matter unless they're really tall. And I guess it's the same for tall girls? Also, I think height does change the way a person looks completely. If they were hot and super short then I think that would affect how hot they are. Also, breast size is a completely different statement because they're sexualised and height isn't

• height might not be sexualized as breast size is but it is a quality women size up in finding a guy attractive so I'd say it counts in this comparison.

• Well, can a 5'6-5'7 guy be hotter than a decent-looking, muscular tall guy?

• I'm sorry, but maybe you didn't see my last question I asked. It's in the comment right above this one.

What Guys Said 5

• not that this answers your question, but I'm 5'7 1/2" so I'm interested in hearing the answers here lol. I don't mind huge breast myself but honestly, I've never been with a girl bigger than a B cup. I mean sure they are a plus but to me they aren't everything. I'd rather have a girl with a great personality, is loving and willing to put as much in the relationship as I am.

• I will say in my experience, the girls I've talked to and dated have only wanted a guy who was taller than them. never shorter. so if you were an inch or so taller, they were perfectly content. The comment by bubbletrouble strikes me as surprising to be honest.

• I mean no offense when saying this but being that violent towards this is worrying. I mean sure some women can be picky but you can't blame women for having certain criteria. I mean thats based on society as much as it is in biology. I also mean no offense by saying this either but you sound like you have insecurities (obviously about your height). I... well I mean I don't feel its healthy to be THIS upset and violent over this.

• Of course it isn't healthy. That's why I'm not out there on the streets stabbing and raping women like Jack the Ripper. That is why I want to get leg lengthening--so my life can actually begin, already, and so I don't go insane and become a spree killer.

• I beg to differ. A lot of guys, including myself, are not into huge breasts. I'd MUCH rather have a girl with average to smaller breasts then huge ones.

• This is true, although I'd stay this is a minority of men. For most men, I'd say beast size does matter to an extent. For this question, I'm dealing with majorities and generalities.

• I would say height is even more important. Ever inch under 6'2 is like 10lbs on a woman's ideal weight. So a 5'7 man is equivalent to an really fat girl who is 70lbs overweight

• Women are usually more picky and have more deal breaker than men. Welcome to real-life.

• Kind of, but no. Actually, just plain no. Height is height.

It's all about averages, and these averages also setup value. So if you consider the average height of US males to be 5'10", that means that MOST guys falling within that ballpark will be found attractive by MOST girls, assuming they are attracted. That is, his height won't be an issue for 80% of girls, we'll say.

Now, the "sweet spot" is at 6'2" or 6'3". That's where like 90-95% of girls will find that guy attractive. This guy will have no issues with his height so if he has everything else in order and a girl finds him attractive, he has the broadest choices. Anything taller than this range and it doesn't really add anything, and might take "points" away. So you start going down the bell curve after 6'3".

So with most guys falling within at least the 5'10"-ish range, any dude shorter than that obviously stands to have more issues with girls as a result of his height. It's not a pointless existence for shorter guys, but they can reasonably expect to not have that 80% 'rate' that the average height guys at least have. There will still be girls that will date them and won't have a problem with their height. But again, they obviously won't be attracting everyone with their height. That's just reality. They sit at, let's say, a 60% 'rate of choice'.

So yeah, there it is. Don't say these numbers too literally, because I gave them just to illustrate what I'm trying to say. Height is height, like I mentioned before. But if I had to make a comparison between it and what you posted here, boobs aren't just about size but shape. So considering the likelihood that a girl has large breasts AS WELL AS nicely shaped ones, obviously she's going to have more value when it comes to physical appeal. But large, shapely boobs aren't a requirement for most guys and don't make the girl "less than".

• Yeah... no. I'm don't plan on being as attractive as average height men; I plan on crushing my dating competition and being more physically attractive than 6'0-6'3 men at my height of 5'7.

• Oh man, you just went to that crazy level lol

You're going to risk your health and the entire mechanics of your body to try and bury this insecurity of yours. Have you never stopped to consider that your attitude is going to be your worst enemy no matter what drastic measures you take?

• My mechanics were fucked up when my leg growth was stunted by too much testosterone during puberty. My torso and arms are abnormally long for my height. I was supposed to be about 6'1-6'3 according to my growth charts and my parents' heights, but my growth plates suddenly closed when I was 12-years-old, so I missed out on my teenage growth spurt.

When it comes to killing myself or getting surgery to grow taller, I'm going to pick surgery every time. Also, there are no long term effects from the surgery.