Why isn't he making the first move?

There is this guy at my work. i m quite sure that he likes me. he actually told my coworker that he thought i was beautiful. he keeps staring at me at the coffe shop, or when we are in the same place. why isn't he making the first move? what should i do?

Most Helpful Guy

• You know he's into you, why aren't YOU making the first move?

He could be afraid of rejection, worried you're not into him, and all that. But you KNOW he likes you! So you don't need to worry about that! Go ahead, ask him.
    And if you're not intending to ask him, i want you to tell me every single reason you have for not asking!

What Guys Said 4

• Because making a move at work is a bad idea. If the relationship does not work out, the lingering resentments can ruin the work situation. Unless it is a big enough firm or organization and she works in a completely different department, i would never make a move at work.

"Don't f*** where you eat..."

• He's afraid of rejection

• Umm if you like him back
    You can always ask them, or if you can't
    Talk to them about places of interest and be like you'd love to go sometimes may be he'll ask you out :)

• If he is shy then you take the first move.

What Girls Said 2

• I've been in a similar situation. Actually no I am still in that situation. Anyway this could be for a couple reasons.

One, he is simply too shy to do it himself in fear of rejection and/or you not liking him back so its risky.

Another reason could be that even though he may like you have may not want a gf at the moment or something on the line of that if it makes sense. Also being at work it could be awkward if you were to break up.

The guy I used to like stares at me all the time too, speaking of which how exactly does your guy stare at you in particular? Other than staring this guy shows no signs of being interested in me but one of our friends said that he told him he likes me.

• do you like him?
    he's maybe shy, or waiting till you say something about him
    or maybe he's scared