Are men more attractive to women when they are with other women?

Are men more attractive if they go to a bar with another woman? Does being with a female friend increase a male's attractiveness?

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely think so. I don't know why exactly but I've seen/ experienced this.

Like when a guy I liked was walking a little too close to his friend (girl) and when he saw me he got even closer and put his arm on her shoulder. just about jumped him 😬 Lol

Hahaa, but really, this is the case when I already find the guy attractive. Females are seen as slight competition. I wonder if this is the same with guys?

What Girls Said 13

• As a bartender, I've noticed that the guys who come in all of the time and hang out with girls tend to go home with different girls more often than the guys who come alone or with another guy. The worst thing that you can do is have a bad wingman, I see that happen quite a bit. Guy one has the girl hooked but the wingman annoys her, gets to drunk and stupid, or thinks that she likes him when she doesn't.

• Not that I knew. It doesn't matter whether he has a lot of female friends or male ones. If he flirts with his female ones, it would bother me though, if I would be interested in him. It is a no-go.

• To me? Yes, and I don't know why. When a guy has a girlfriend I become crazy about him. But once they break up I tend to lose interest.

• No I don't think so. At least not for me. I'd probably just feel threatened by the female friend.

• To some women. It's the appeal of wanting what you can't have.

• No it wouldn't make you more attractive to me and I'd probably assume you with a couple so not look anyway.

• Going somewhere with someones doesn't really make anyone attractive? haha

i would think a guy would get less attention only because people will of course assume the obvious and think he's in a relationship with you or you're his buddy

• Not really?

• No some girls like a guy who has female friends to know he can keep up a conversation with a human being with boobs and not just stare, but who wants a guy that has another girl, we don't all want to take what belongs to someone else.

• No. I really don't bother to look at a guy or to be attracted to a guy who has someone else.

• That only works if the woman is your girlfriend and the only kind of women who would be attracted by that, are trash. Decent women won't be interested.

• I've found that, in general, girls are most interested in guys when they have girlfriends but guys are less interested in girls when they have boyfriends. I've wondered if this has any biological connection, as many animals live in groups with many females and only one male. The females all share one male.

• Its true. but I think its about infatuation.

Also. People are mostly attracted to things that they can't have or a prohibit

What Guys Said 7

• According to most "dating coaches" YES. According to real life? YES. is it true? YES, the more women you have around you, the more women will think "oh this guy is the type of guy that gets the ladies, lets see what he has to offer"

BOOOM! attraction.

• yes. I've met women who admitted to this and whenever i have a gf, women are just more comfortable/flirtish with me.

women like men other women like. its what it is with humans and animals.

dont listne to a lot of people here. lots live under a rock and aren't realistic. just wishful thinking and paper smart

• Funny because men go for women who aren't with other men already

• well I've picked up girls and had long term with those who was in a relationship when i got them.

it wasn't a smart idea but i was young and it boosted my ego. anyway, when you're good with women or even got to marriage, you're a certified partner... women are easily influenced

• I like to influence

• popular? yes
    attractive? no

• Ah yes the cheerleader effect. It's when you see a group of girls or guys and they look hot, but when you see each person individually they are NOT, that an effect, when they are in groups they look hot.

• I think it does slightly yes - preselection law

• Scientifically: Yes.

• I tend to agree. I think it's something to do with women thinking a taken man can hold down a relationship. That's why he is in one. It makes you popular but not enough for a woman to steal someone else's man. My thoughts. Could be wrong..