Is honesty the best policy when rejecting someone?

Like if a girl asks a guy out but he doesn't like her because she's fat, should he tell her that he finds her weight unattractive? Or should he make something up to avoid hurting her feelings?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honest is the best policy becuase you don't wnat to lead her on. Just be polit when rejecting her don't say oh i don't want to go out with you ebcuase i find your weight aunatrtive, instead say,
    1) Sorry, I really am, but I am just too busy (or i'm not ready) to be in a relationship right now

2) look, i don't really think this would work out. maybe we should just date other people. ok? im sorry.

3) we're really different, i dont think it would last too long. can we stay the way we are now?

4) i think its sweet that you like me, but i don't really feel the same way. Im sorry. are we OK?
    Maybe not Three. Anyway I hope this was helpful.

What Girls Said 3

• Tactful honesty. As in, you can just say: "sorry, but I just don't see you that way".

• Honesty to me is always preferable to the ongoing persistence and unrealistic expectations of men..

I always use "No offence intended but you are not my type"

I REFUSE to be specific though as this just encouraging an un-necessary and ongoing debate.

Keep it simple :)

• No, no it is not. I give something true but vague like "I don't think we're right for each other", unless really pressed for a reason.

What Guys Said 2

• You can be honest without being a douchebag.

If someone asks you out, and you're not into them, just say "I'm sorry, I just don't see you that way".

No need to go into detail, and no reason to say stupid shit like "I'm not interested in a relationship right now" or other niceties. Keep it real.

• Be honest about the rejection, but not the reason for rejection.