Is it weird that im only attracted to an older men?

When i say older i meant men on their 40's. Im 20 by the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• it's pretty common. i am in my 40s and have dated girls in their 20s although the youngest was 23 you are pretty young. but women your age aren't crazy about guys their own age because they are immature, they want to get drunk, hang out with the guys , and cheat on their girls. not all but a lot. maybe it's a big turn on for you? as long as you realize there is not a lot of hope for a future there for a long term relationship. is it just for the sex? . are they as old as your dad? you have to be comfortable with your own decisions... if you are questioning them.. then there is a part of you that isn't right with it.

• Its not just the sex. I find them a lot more mature (obviously) and they know how to treat their lady better. I once dated this guy who's in his 40's and he treated me like a princess, exactly like my dad alway treated me like. no theyre not as old as my dad, he's on his late 60's.

What Guys Said 15

• that's double your age, I would say its kinda abnormal. 10 years seems more fitting, but 20? holy shit. he's just old enough to be your dad.

• They're more mature. Dated someone who was 9 years older than me and he's still very very immature.

• I do look for certain features, like maturity and security. But most of my friends who are on their mid 20's are financially secure, but i still dony find them attractive haha. So i guess its just the cause older men are more mature.

• i totally get it. I've heard the same exact words. it is a big gap. but it's your own life and happiness that matter.

• Life is a matter of personal taste while most probably consider it odd certainly not weird. It could have its roots in wanting maturity, security, daddy issues, sugar daddy issues etc. I personally don't see age difference attraction as my thing because different outlooks on life would be just so complicated but I don't look down on it either.

• Sugar daddy issues? Definitely not.

Maturity and security, yes.

Now here's the problem i dont think like most people my age. Because of what I've been through on the past, i have a greater view in life. Yes, i still want to party like girls my age. But i also want to start a family. I dont have that much friends my age. most of the people i talk to are my brothers/sisters friends (who are on their late 30's - early 40's), the reason why is that the way we think is the same. So for me the different outlook on life is definitely wouldn't be the problem.

• I was with someone 10 years younger than me for a while you would be surprised how different we were even in areas I didn't expect. Sounds like you know your own mind so all I can say be careful there are pitfalls but then again there are pitfalls in every relationship.

• No, it's not weird. Most girls are attracted to at least somewhat older guys. The girl I'm crushing on is 21 and she's dating a guy who's over 30, so I know it happens. Makes it harder for us younger guys, though. Not all of us are immature d-bags who want to use women.

• Not at all... but remember most 40 year old guys will not be looking for a long term relationship with a 20 year old. by the way I find myself attracted to older women myself so i know where you are coming from.

• Yes odd

You don't need more mature. That just sounds like your too boring and has nothing to do with mature or not. Living life is not immature. Bring 40 and being too old to be as active doesn't make you more mature

• No it's not weird at all what it actually means is that society hasn't been able to brainwash you into using a calculator as a means of attracting.

• Sugar daddy time!

• don't know. You seem to want someone who's made their way in life, and is stable?

• No it's not weird.

• Its quite common. I also would perfer an older woman because they are generally more mature also.

• well my dad has a 22 yr old gf and he's 46 so... i guess these days its pretty normal

• No you can't help who you fall in love with so go for it if you are both happy who cares what anyone else thinks. I have dated girl who are a lot younger than me at times we didn't let it get in the way.

• But they have old and wrinkly balls...

• Daddy problems

• It seems fairly common. Money is a large motivating factor for attraction in women and older guys have that which makes raising a kid easier for the woman

What Girls Said 6

• When I was younger I used to think a certain way about girls who like OLDER men but now to be honest I understand it... they are MEN, secure in who they are and know what they want. But I do think it has to do with girls and their fathers. I didn't grow up with a father so I can understand wanting a MAN.. I dont know anything about men.. all i know is what I've seen in movies and learned second hand so its sort of like filling a void. I don't know..

• No, that's not weird. Everybody has their thing.

• But people seems to be making a big deal out if it. Thinking that its only because of the money? Im not saying that money is not important, but thats not the only thing i look in a man.

• People will always have something to say. If he were your age they'd find something else to complain about. You like what you like. You don't owe anybody any explanations for that.

• No but people will think you have father issues.

• It's not weird at all. Me too, I'm attracted to older men but not as old as 40.

• I was like that at your age and now that im almost at 40 i still like men older than me.

• its not the norm, but you'll have a line of available options...