How long should you wait to go out with someone else after a break up?

I've been single for 6mnths, I still miss my ex but he hasn't contacted me. I've had guys interested in me and go on dates and once they seem to want to be serious I feel weird and tend to avoid/push them away. By sure what to do

Me and my last ex dates for 3 years and only broke up cuz of future plans

Most Helpful Guy

• When you feel ready. It might be six months or more, depending on the breakup and how hard you took it.

I tried to date too soon after and just wasn't feeling it - it was about seven or so months after my breakup that I was able to enjoy dates.

(I was able to enjoy flings and random sex much sooner)

What Guys Said 2

• You've waited a fair amount of time, but in your case just wait until you don't miss your ex anymore.

• Sometimes seeing other people can help you forget about the ones you've seen in the past. I would say wait until you are ready. That could be one day that could be 5 years. No need to rush into something, but if you are ready go for it

What Girls Said 1

• That's life. You should move on. If you stick on the past you will lose your future that's what your ex did maybe. He moved on and you should too try going out with your friends and meet some new people maybe it will work with one of them you never know.