How do I get my guy to quit buying cheap cologne?

My guy buys drug store $5 cologne and aftershave. Most of it smells like $5 cologne and aftershave (LOL). How do I convince him to spend a little more and buy at least some mid-priced aftershave and cologne?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why dont you buy him a new fragrance and after shave =)
    give it to him as a present, tell him "the lady at lord and taylor told me this is the best new fragrance so i thought i would buy it for you"

I don't know make up a little story

What Guys Said 8

• Buy it for him.

• Most girls I've met hate cologne... I know some who like the smell of actual shaving cream but not the aftershave.

• Buy one you like and tell him you love how he smells wearing it

• Just tell him it smells like shit.

• Oh, I really don't want to hurt his feelings. Gotta be more subtle.

• I assume he's in your age range. If that's the case, don't worry about his feelings, he'll be fine.

• Make fun of his cologne!

• Just tell him you don't like the way it smells or buy it for him

• SPEND MONEY TO IMPROVE YOURSELF AS I SEE FIT, HUMAN. I AM NOT PLEASED WITH YOU.

• He's a grown man. Let him use his money as he sees fit without your judgment.

What Girls Said 3

• If it's cheap it is probably old so tell him some guy you really hated in high school or gym coach used to wear it and it brings up bad memories. Then buy him another expensive one.

If he's a jerk he might take the chance to break up with you a wear it to attract new chicks but either way a win/win.

• Buy the first bottles, etc. for him.

• Do you think he will get the hint?

• If he doesn't then maybe he'll at least appreciate the better smelling stuff and buy it on his own because he likes how it smells.

• Just tell him
    Seriously he doesn't even have to wear it
    He's probably wearing it for you