How do guys feel about their girlfriend never wanting to get married in the future?

Marriage just isn't something that I really feel the need to go through with. I feel like I can be with someone for the rest of my life without putting that marriage label on it. I know that marriage is the normal and almost right thing to do now a days after you've been with someone that you love for a long time, but i don't understand why people look at not wanting to get married as a bad thing. I kind of like being independent and having my own freedom. I would just feel too secluded in a marriage. I don't know anyone else that feels this way. But I see nothing wrong with doing everything a married couple does without getting married. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel you... i don't want to get married ether, i dont' see why we have to parade around in a fancy dress we can barely fit in showing off to other people and hanging off a thread waiting for someone to give us a reason why we can't get married when they say "If anyone objects please say so now" argh... of course there will always be someone to object... so... not worth all the planning and money when most likely someone isn't going to be happy for you, marriges these days are as bad as what we see in soaps lol, someone will come busting in when it's non of their buisness. I think that's the hard part about commiting to someone for life is getting past all the hate and all the negative people who can never be happy for anyone, but it's fake... fake smiles seeking the approval of everyone around you...

What Guys Said 6

• Oh my. I would love that. Cuz i never want to get married. It would take so much trouble away.

• sign me up I hate marriage :)

• I would start thinking "So when will I break up with her?"

Marriage is the end goal for me, so if a girl denies me that then I'll deny her me :/ simples

• I would be a little hurt tbh. I would think "if she never wants to marry me, that must mean I'm just a temporary BF to her". Honestly, if your gonna do everything a married couple does, what's keeping you from making it official? Is it because you don't have faith in the relationship, so if things go south you don't have to sign any divorce paperwork?

• HALLELUJAH! lmao

• Sounds awesome. I don't want to either. Women aren't worth it.

What Girls Said 0