Me and my boyfriend are still not married after 8 years together, should I start talking to other guys?

We love each other very much and are truly each others best friends, but we just can't seem to make it to the alter. Yes we argue like most couples do I'm not saying we're perfect. We both agreed that we don't even want a big wedding, as long as we're married that's all that matters. We were looking at ring last month and seriously talking about setting a date and then I guess life got in the way again and it was forgotten about. We also have 2 kids together and we've been living with each other since I was 16 and he was 19. I'm starting to feel like our relationship isn't really going anywhere, and I'm starting to feel like we may never get married.

Most Helpful Girl

• NOOO STOPP!!!
    dont u dare leave. my cousin was with his gf for 8 years and they finally ended up getting married:)

u really need to be patient, dont give up so easy. it's not like he doesn't love u enough. if he didn't, dont u think it would have ended by now? give the guy a chance! maybe he wants to set up something big for u by surprise? you dont know=] u know... sometimes it just doesn't have to go anywhere. love ends up settling down. it's not always gonna be that 'butterflies in ur stomach' thing.
    dont give up on him. or ur children...

What Guys Said 5

• Stick with it, if you've been together this long without being married then you guys defiantly deserve the chance to get married.

• Why not propose to him?

• Is there anyone born in the 90's who doesn't have kids? smh.

• Lol I don't think so buddy!

• @vegansupremacy
      Well incase you haven't noticed as demonstrated by the reality show teen moms, there is a very big issue reguarding unplanned pregnancies amongst our age group due to naivety and peer pressure and the blame goes to parents who don't teach their kids and the media.

• Ok if you were responsible then I am sure you can afford all that children need and required and nowadays things are expensive and I know this cause I have a 2 year old nephew. You have brought life in this world at a stage in your life where your supposed to be preparing for your future. Thats why responsible people have kids when they are done with education and are well set with a good job and a house and a car and so on.

• They say there's no such thing as a stupid question, but I'm sure we can make an exception here. Because he isn't proposing right after you went looking at rings you should start talking to other guys? What about your kids having possibly separated parents? "He didn't propose fast enough, so my children get to see their dad every other weekend. They can deal with it." Really?

It hasn't been forgotten about. You simply don't forget about that. If he's like the majority of men out there, he probably is waiting for the right time to propose. It should be special and meaningful.

• Don't take wrong dostions in hury first you need to talk with him seriously after that take step.

• Sorry
      decision

What Girls Said 5

• Have you ever asked him why he's dragging his feet? Is he scared, or hurt by someone as in scarred! if you both don't want a big wedding, why not elope? Grab a couple of witnesses, head off for the weekend and come back married. You have a lot of time invested in this relationship, what makes you think things would be better the next time. He only reason I would leave would be for abuse, most everything else can be fixed with some work! At least that's what I've been told. (We Don't get married until July, maybe I'll understand things better after that.)

Our next door neighbor did that, they lived together like forever too. They went somewhere for about a week and got married. Funny thing they didn't tell anyone about it for the longest time! Finally one of the kids excitedly leaked the "Secret"!

• Maybe he's getting the money together for that ring you were looking at?

Maybe he's waiting for the "right" time?

Maybe you're both still really young, despite how long you've been together, and he's just not quite ready to take that next step yet?

Whatever the case, it makes you seem really fickle to start thinking you should try to find other guys one month after you were looking seriously at a ring with your boyfriend of EIGHT FREAKING YEARS.

Calm down.

• If you are that serious then go get a marriage license and go to the courthouse. Problem solved.

• Tell him how you feel, tell him what you want or else he might be convinced that you are happy with things the way they are and he won't try to change things... And then depending on his reaction to you telling him how you feel that will let you know where you should go from here.

• If you feel that way, that doesn't sound good. It seems like if there's no consistency and sticking to things, there could be a possibility that marriage won't happen. But your relationship is a huge deal especially since you have kids together.