Why would a guy get pissed off when you ask where things are going?

I drune texted a guy I've been seeing for 3 months that I don't understand where things are going between us sometimes. I know how stupid it was but I was really drunk. Anyways he made me feel really bad about it and said the text upset him. He said it made me look like I need to be in control of how things are going and like I need attention. I'm trying to understand but can someone please enlighten me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this is his way of trying to avoid the question because he doesn't want things to go further. If you are putting out , he probably wants to continue to enjoy that without commitment.
    If a relationship is what you want.. I don't think you'd have one with him.
    He isn't being honest.
    You don't keep things at a stand still forever.
    Three months is more than enough time to at least give you an answer

What Guys Said 2

• The question is not bad.. but it's a little harsh.. it shows him you don't trust him.. but it's not a big deal girl.. if he's mad leave him until he cools down

• You're putting pressure on him to make a decision he doesn't want to make.

What Girls Said 2

• I can see why he would be annoyed/mad that you would drunk text him about something like that - the fact that THAT is what you're thinking about when you're shitfaced makes you seem kind of insecure, especially depending on what the actual wording of the text was. I don't understand his "need to be in control of how things are going" comment, but maybe he just didn't know how to explain why he was annoyed by this.

This is a conversation that should be had in person when you're sober...

• Really she just asked him where the relationship is, going she, doesn't want to be stuck with him if there is, not going to be anything more happening.
    I think that's way, guys, can't keep a, lady, for long
    Because they can't answer a, question that simple then there, must be something wrong with him?
    Not you?

• You weren't controlling him your were asking a, question of were things are going at times , if he can't handle, that question. He shouldn't be upset about the question.