Why do I look older than what I am?

I'm 24 and people always tell me I look early 30s. This has been the case since i was 18 years old. I have no idea why I look older. I have no wrinkles, or age spots on my face. I'm dark brown African American woman so I'd think that the melanin would make me look younger or cause me to age less

Recently, I was with this small group and one of the girls presumed my age. She knew nothing of my marital status and said that I needed to hurry up and get married. The other girl keep pressuring me to reveal my age, as if I was at an age where it should be kept secret. Then she made a comment saying "will you tell us how old you are? are you older than everyone here?" This insulted me because the oldest person was 50!

I dont know if its the way i carry myself or just the bone structure of my face. I've taken countless photos of my face on my iPhone and I dont look old. I've even got on my web cam and took snap shots of my face and I dont think I look 30 or over it.

My mother even told me that my face looks 30 now

I've recently booked a consultation to get Restalyne and Botox because this is bothering me. I dont even feel confident leaving the house anymore and certainly dont want to date if I look old

Most Helpful Guy

• Does this bother you anyway? what's the problem with having a mature face.. it's cool i think

• a mature face is not cool especially in your youth. and then being pressured to reveal your age as if I am sooo old is not a good feeling

• an old face is never a compliment

• I'm not complimenting

What Guys Said 3

• Do you smoke heavily? That causes people to look older.

• sleep more and live healthy. cells on your face skin reproduce in the sleep. so you need to sleep more. you will notice that you get younger look after appling this properly.

• Genes... strong ones...
    With this genes maybe from 30 to 40 years old you would be the same
    More age you get more beautiful you get

What Girls Said 2

• probably just the way you carry yourself.

• It could be your bone structure or the way you carry yourself, can't really say without a photo. Regardless of all that, don't get Botox in 24, you'll regret it when you're old! I mean screw them, you are you with your age, not with their "guessing age". Live your life without taking so much concern on what people think about you, they don't conduct your life, they don't have a say in your birth or your death, it's your life is not theirs.