Guys: girls who have self-harmed?

so guys, would you date a girl who used to self-harm? she has quit now but she has scars. Like for example i used to self-harm and i quit but i have over 200 scars on my left forearm. from a distance they are not noticeable but up close if you look there you can see them. would you mind if she wrote something also? again i wrote "forgive me" when i was 15 and 3 years later you can still faintly see it. so would you guys think of that as a deal breaker even though it was in her past and its just the battle scars that remain? Or would you be fine with it understand her and look past it?

• i would date
  • i would never date
  • depends
  • ew, omg what the hell is wrong with her
  • results
and for this girl its not because she's sad its because she has some mental disorders, like bipolar, depression and borderline personality disorder and these sometimes make her have "episodes"

Most Helpful Guy

• It would most certainly be shocking. Also id be kinda hurt by it. Its so sad when humans herm themselves. Humans are worth so much and are so precious. They were created perfect, a masterpiece. Don't harm yourself because the Lord loves you so much.

What Guys Said 7

• I've shared my opinion on this before but I will re-iterate: I would not date a girl with a history of self-harm/mutilation. Why? Because anyone who thinks that physically harming themselves is a good idea because they're having a bad day is insane. I'm not a mental health professional and nothing I could do for them will ever make them feel better about themselves. So I simply just won't associate with them, I do not need such a high level of negativity in my life, especially in the role of someone I look to support me.

• If anything it would make me want to stay with them more to try and make them more positive on their lifes and possibly introduce more productive ''Outlets'' other then self harming ;P.

• I voted B... simply because, if anything ever went wrong in the relationship, I could not live with myself if anything ever happened to her as a result of it.

• I would. Everyone has a past and things they're not proud of. I do at least and as long as you are you working toward bettering your self and adding positive things in your life then that's all anyone can really ask for. And ifpeople still can't Except you then they are not worth your time anyway.

• Not to be rude, but i would not date her. Even if i found these on my girlfriend, i would dump her without any second thought.

• what if you love her and found them when they could have happened years ago, would you still dump her?

• Yeah, but i checked them earlier. That was just an example.

Within first few dates, i playfully check these on every girls arms and wrist :p.

Before loving, i make sure the object is worth loving. If a girl doesn't love herself, then why should I waste my time loving her?

• Voted A because if the relationship got to the point where she would tell me that she USED to then yes. Ill love her and want to keep her safe

• voted a if its over then why not

What Girls Said 1

• Guys like happy girls. being insecure and harming yourself wouldn't attract any guy honestly.. and its best to not even mention it when meeting new guys its can turn them off and can come off as immature. I wouldn't share with people in general unless they are close to you. Thats a very personal subject to just share unless you want attention?
    And if they mention scares just keep it vague.. just leave those times in the past where they belong. Many people have disorders its not reall a excuse?, I've also been dealing with manic-depressive illness since i was 10 but i dont make that an excuse for my actions, you still have a thinking brain to handel situations better. But thats just me. What you THINK you BECOME. glad she's over that stage in her life. xo