Girls why do you lie about good looks vs good personality?

You claim that you prefer guys with good personalities over good looks yet you drool over rich and famous male celebrities in high school you chase after the hunky athletic douchebags. If what you say is true then why don't I see hot models dating nerds or the "unattractive" guys with good personalities huh? If what you say is true then why do all the pretty girls date guys with six pack abs rather than the "nice" guy with a big belly and short height huh? You are shallow liars you say that you go for guys according to their personality but I don't see that in public, I see hot girls prancing around with their muscular boyfriends who own expensive cars and wear all the expensive clothing labels. I am yet to see a guy with a good personality but bad looks have a hot girlfriend. You just say that you prefer a good personality over good looks to mask your shallowness.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure I apply to your question but I personally couldn't be in a relationship with someone I'm not attracted to. But if the guy I'm dating has got a bad personality the attraction goes away just like that.
    I've dated guys in the past that I didn't really think were my type but I felt attracted to after getting to know them a bit. And vice versa.

So yes, personality really is that important. If a guy has got both? Great. If he doesn't? The one with the great personality will have the relationship that lasts.

Thing is you can't force attraction, it's not something you can control so you can't really be mad at someone if they're not feeling it.

What Girls Said 8

• Not this again.
    There's not a line between hot and nice. You can be both. Or neither.

I don't think girls should be attracted to jerks but neither should that mean they should have to be attracted to guys whose only attractive feature is their personality. Come on now.

• Well all girls are different, so there's that. And good looks are important too, but they don't trump personality. So I think that's what girls mean when they say that they'd take personality over looks. Because personally, if I'm not attracted to your personality, then your looks don't matter. Period.

• im assuming your complaining about this because it applies to you. just because you are unattractive doesn't mean you automatically have an amazing personality. and why are you soo concerned about what the pretty girls are doing? YOU sound like the shallow one.

• It is different with each girl. I personally don't care about celebrities and I wouldn't call someone a douchebag until I got to know them personally. You shouldn't lump all girls into being shallow liars. How do you expect to find a girl who only prefers a good personality if you think all girls are shallow?

• Every girl is different, and every girl might not know exactly what they want. Don't get upset with every girl just yet, lol

• I never choose between the two. It is always nice to have a nice mixture of the two? I want a nice boyfriend does that mean he has to be ugly? If I meet a hot guy does that mean he has to be an asshole?

• We know that in the future it'll be personality, BUT we want to have fun with hot guys at first

• Girls in highschool are not looking to settle down, women who are looking for a real relationship with someone who they can love and settle down with dont always care about looks sometimes personality is much more important

What Guys Said 2

• Be cause you can't expect to get a pretty girls attention if you go around in old sweat shirts and sweat pants with some worn out Nikes after just rolling out of bed. Not to mention depending on what you like and where you spend your time you limit your chances of running into attractive people. you'll find more hot girls at the New York yacht club then you will at a Magna convention.

• im not a nerd and I dress properly.

• I wasn't talking about you i was just making a generalization about the majority of people that complain about this subject.

• I like hot girls bro. What is a personality? Is it a type of blowjob?