Who else thinks that dating should be less technological and more getting outside to meet people?

who else thinks that dating should be less technological and more getting outside to meet people I mean in todays world its all about online dating mostly.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a serial dater.
    I meet more men daily offline yet NOW date almost strictly online.

Why
    =
    When you accept dates from men u meet in your favourite places,
    you LOSE those places when you no longer want to see them
    again and they refuse to accept it.

Your world gets real small, real fast.

What Girls Said 10

• I agree so much. I wish that it could be like some random coincidence in life where you spill a drink on someone by accident and then you just talk for hours. Then you'll be able to tell if it's worth pursuing or not. Plus some people are better off marrying someone who is a complete opposite and those dating sites only show you who you're compatible with so relationships don't really work for them because some computer site matched them up.

• I would much rather a dating service that just sets you up for cocktail on Wednesdays or something but the ones that are out there are pretty crap. I agree the internet isn't a very good medium for determining a match. If I'm interested in someone I prefer to meet face to face and usually do with prospects online.

Sadly most men I meet are just looking for sex and are dating so many women at once they can't keep the details straight.

• I agree. Humans are being consumed by tnese electrinics, depending on them for socialization. Do you notice how mamy people lack common charisma that used to be a regular trait. It seems people just depend on a good selfie with a catchy or bitchy headline. Then people wonder why when they meet someone in person it is notthe same as their on'ine relationship. Because it's real life! It is more impulsive, and you cannot pre think every word. I think many cannot deal with the lack of control that comes with face to face interaction.

• Everything should be that way. That's how I prefer it. It's way easier to read people face to face than by just what they typed.

• agree! I prefer met the real person and know him face to face, rather than just read his descriptions in an online dating, it was like buying an item. But, in certain time, long distance relationship REALLY NEED the technology to stay connected.

• I dislike people dating online like Eharmony. People should go outside and meet each other but sadly its hard to meet a stranger thats single and wants to date you.

• 100% agree. Nobody meets in person anymore

• Totally agree with you.

• I agree totally with you

• Agree... am tired of those self portraits and har-har self descriptions. Problem is it is really hard to meet single people organically once you are out of school... especially if you live in a small city. Meetup. com doesn't work, cause which sissy man would want to attend girly interest groups like knitting and crochet.. if you attend gender neutral events they are all super old or just married couples...

What Guys Said 9

• My opinion right: I think any guy online is a pussy and will get obliterated in clubs and outings by the guys who don't use online when picking up women. I use online, but as another avenue of meeting people (and I can be a pussy, won't lie) I have 3 points of attack: create social circles and get girls in that, I am online and I go out to meet women.

• I disagree. Technology hasn't really taken the place of interaction and dating just yet. It's so much easier to meet someone on a dating website than to see someone you like in public and try to figure out how to work up to dating. And you never know someone's interests until the date unless you do it online, and this can be a deal-breaker for a lot of people. I haven't actually been on a date, but conceptually it sounds like the pros outweigh the cons.

• I Agree and that is actually what I do, I don't really use a cellphone and I haven't sent a single text in about 3 years or so. I prefer meeting people face to face or calling them, I'm old fashioned like that lol.

• meeting girls face to face is getting harder and harder because we live in a date rape society. if you aren't a cute guy the girl will think of you as a creep if you approach her. and then there's the whole giving out the wrong number bit. thats damaging to self confidence.

• What if you are an introvert like 30% of the population? Going "outside" into the dating world is very uncomfortable.

• I prefer to but having only got a phone since I started college, I see the world is changing, and people have low social skills

• online dating is just about breaking the ice. you still have to meet the person.

• No , because everyone is too afraid of people these days. People aren't generally friendly in much of the world and no one has time for anyone else

• A-fucking-greed

"Online dating is the future"... I can't believe how many times I've heard this and how each time I thought how silly and untrue it is. It has largely become the easiest way for people to hide their insecurities and/or difficulties holding a simple conversation without dying from anxiety.

Basically, I feel that it's enabling people's weaknesses. Not to mention the quality and just general fun-ness of being in front of a person, reaction in the moment and having a genuine conversation. And this is all coming from me, an introvert!