Is it worth it?

So I'm about to turn 18 and I met this really great nice guy but the issue is for one he is 12 years older and he has a child. He has even offered to let me stay with him while I go to college which is much closer to his house then mine. What do you think I should do go for it or leave the whole thing alone?

Most Helpful Girl

• 12 years age difference isn't that big of a deal if you are 30 and he's 42 but at your age, you shouldn't get involved with someone that much older. I mean you have to think about it like this, why is this grown man scoping the local high schools for a date? He may be a sex offender in disguise. At your age I would stick to guys no older than 5 years because then you will at least be more on the same maturity level and waive length. Also, you stated he has a kid. Are you ready to be a mom? You need to be young and free and enjoy your time at college!

What Guys Said 4

• Ohhhhhh I thought you said he was 12 lol still leave it alone

• NO! Are you Serious! That guy is a friggin creep! No way don't get involved with someone like that. You don't want to get into something like that before even getting to college. Wait and go to college and you'll probably meet a great guy and you'll be really happy you didn't move in with some old guy

• Wow how long have you known this guy? yeah this doesn't have disaster written all over it, and he has kids...

• Leave the whole thing alone

What Girls Said 5

• I suggest you leave it alone. I won't say its because of his age although that is an issue but going to college is a completely different experience. How long have you know him and he's offering to let you live with him? I can't imagine trying to maintain a relationship with a man with a kid while trying to succeed in school. Live at home or stay with friends to reduce stress and continue to see the guy if you want, but you'll be meeting so many new people I'm sure you'll forget about him.

• Girl, you are 18 so young! I think the pressure for girls to be in relationships and get married at such a young age is insane. I am 21, and single, and loving every minute of my college years. Don't take them for granted. This guy is a little too old for you. But, age shouldn't be an issue. So, tell him you want to go into college for a year or two and see how you feel after. Don't commit just yet, there could be someone waiting for you in college who is a littler closer to your age. Are you really ready to be a mom? Just think when you take on a relationship with this guy, you are taking on one with his child. Children are so vulnerable. Good luck!

I hope this helps!

• To be honest with you am not sure you would like to do that I mean he does have a child and why would he even want you to live with him. I think something is up and no its not the sky. (LOL). If you think being there is closer to your college than go ahead, Just one thing be really careful don't let him put things in your head ok well good luck Jilbill12.

• Are you kidding? You're almost half his age! You're barely out of high school for goodness sakes!

• Ummm hell to the nawwww! Lol on a more serious note. I wouldn't fully put my trust in this guy just yet because he seems ''nice''. I think that 's a rather random suggestion regardless if your school is closer to where he lives or not. One of red flags here is his age ( I know people say age is just a #) but this guy is 12 years older then you and its a known fact that some people date younger for ;control. He maybe trying to mold you either way it goes if he's really a nice guy and likes you he'll wait it out. And let you grow before you make that kind of commitment