We in modern america, a melting pot of cultures races and ideas, so why do I get "Do you like white men?" question all the time on dating sites?

Every dating site i been on I get the occasion do you like "white guys?" about 80% percent of the time, and it drive me completely bonkers. I always rely with I find the human ace attractive. We suppose to be living in a progressive america there been interracial couples for a while now even on TV with shows like Scandal. So why is there still need to ask this age old question?

0|0
2|10

Most Helpful Guy

• Whites are trained by our school system to view themselves as the "bad guys" in race relations. We may be (and often are) attracted to someone of another race, but it's assumed that actually expressing that interest would be unwelcomed, either by her or her family. Hence why some guys just come out and ask - it's clumsy, but it's intended to avoid causing offense.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• lol, you must not be hanging around here much then. most of the girls on here are asking why do guys only like Asians, or do guys not like black females, or do guys not think latino girls are beautiful,

just wondering are you by any chance, Not white. if not then maybe guys are asking because it saves them going to any effort to be told the i only date black guys, or something silly like that. just guessing, have no idea why guys would start off with that, red heads now that i can totally understand lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Its ironic how you mention diversity and interracial relationships since the mainstream definition of a interracial relationship is a black man and white woman, It's never Indian man and white woman or Asian man and white woman because you'll only date black thugs. Indians according to you are just either terrorists or rapists because you associate us with middle easterners and whatever the media says about Indians. If a goalkeeper fails to block a shot no one blames every goalkeeper in the world for his actions, If a white man commits a crime no one blames all whites but just because of the actions of a few cowards all Indians are blamed for their actions and we all somehow have the same "rape culture" so basically you believe 1.2 billion people think and act in the same way because fox news said so.

0|0
    0|0
    • Were you the guy spamming all those topics anonymously yesterday that kept getting deleted? "Why don't you hate whites for ______?"

• Some in America still aren't as open minded as you

0|0
    0|0
  • because whites are still on top of the list.

0|0
    3|2
  • Because whites are a minority in your country. Give it a few years time and you'll be searching for whites with binoculars.

0|0
    0|0
  • because your country is a very racist one still.

because some may be naive

because some may have been raised in sheltered environments.

but then curiosity is evil, right?

0|0
    0|1
  • Because most white guys are going after white or Asian women, and black guys are abandoning their women at an alarming rate. So now black women are looking into other possible races to fill the void. And since black woman/white male couples are still relatively rare, they're wondering if they have a chance.

0|0
    1|0
  • Because people of all races still can't let go of race as something they consider about each other. They've never lived in a world that didn't have race as a consideration, so they all revert to it rather than exploring new ways to fill that void (or just leave it empty).

0|0
    0|0
  • Because a lot of non-white women don't find white men attractive, so that's why they're curious.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• because not everyone does and they want to know

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm guessing if you are on a dating site then they are trying to weed out what you don't like?

0|0
    0|0