Should I cancel this date?

Since I know not everybody want's to necessarily read the whole background information (posted below), here's the basic situation: This guy asked me out to go to the movies tomorrow night (he asked me on Tuesday), I said yes, but now am having serious second thoughts. I don't like him that way at all, should I cancel? Or should I just suck it up, and let him think he has a shot, even though I know I have no interest in him at all?

FULL STORY: So I've been acquaintances with this guy for a couple month's now. He's really nice, so when he asked for my number I didn't have a problem giving it to him. After our first exam, he texted me asking if I wanted to "celebrate" the exam being over. Didn't think much of it, until he suggested we celebrate by watching Netflix in my dorm room. I don't know how it is in other places, but "watching Netflix" where I'm from, is synonymous to "let's hook up". Needless to say, I told him I was busy, and maybe some other time. We continued being friends without a problem. Now come this week. We had another exam on Monday. The next day, St. Patrick's Day, he texted me asking if I wanted to see a movie on Friday . Here's where I mess up: I was drunk, with a girl friend, so even though I know I'm not interested in him like that, I say yes. My friend and I kind of hatched a plan that I would invite her the day before, that way I don't have to worry about him trying anything (so juvenile, I know, but hey.. Vodka.) Now it's Thursday, my friend cancels, and I'm stuck with the decision of whether I want be selffish and cancel, or just go and hope he doesn't do anything? I don't want to get his hopes up, but I also don't want to just blatantly reject him.

• Cancel the date.
  • Just deal with it.
I just canceled. Ultimately, it's one thing to make a guy waste their time, but another to make him waste his money.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to cancel this before he gets his hopes up anymore. Plus, save him some money as he will likely insist on paying for your ticket.

• hahahaha he already said was going too.

• Oh boy, t hen yes I hope it goes okay and he is not too sad about it, but save him his time and money, he will resent you you much less if he is mature

What Guys Said 2

• Yea go with him to watch the movie , and maybe enjoy his company. But if he starts getting Roman hands or Russan fingers shoot him down cold. If it's not something you into just set his azz straight. Maybe you have just over thought this ant hill into a mountian lol. How knows maybe he just wants to see a movie with you and that's all

• Well the dates not going to cancel itself. Do it before you are in deeper shit.

What Girls Said 3

• make sure he knows that u dont want him to try and pull anything, but dont cancel because u already said yes

• You need to firmly tell that you don't want to do anything dating with him if he try's any thing on you.

• yes, be honest.