We just broke up, but he keeps calling to "check how I'm feeling, because he cares". What?!

Basically, my ex and I dated on and off for over a year, and were really attracted to each other, and a few months ago, we got serious and committed full-time. We both knew he was going to be busy these next few months, as it's his senior year in college. He's currently working full-time at MLB... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like he doesn't know what he wants at all, and frankly that's not a comforting thing. If you do know what you want and this isn't it, then stop pursuing this person. Granted he's super busy and he has a million things to do, but the president of this country still has time to play golf and spend time with his wife and kids, so time management is totally possible no matter how busy someone is. If you were really a priority, he wouldn't be yo-yoing back and forth and putting you on the backburner in contrast to his other work. You deserve better. If you are looking for someone to treat you well and date, this probably isn't the guy. Give him another chance if you want, by telling him that you aren't a yo-yo and that he has to make a choice. He can't expect to keep you waiting around without any strings while he decides what to do with you, you are worth more than that. Know your value and allow him to make a choice if he's so confused. Or, make it for him. There are 6 billion fish in the sea, why hang around for the one that keeps flip-flopping in the sand? You deserve to be loved and cared about consistently. If he can't make that commitment, move on.