Girls, does it make a difference if a guy asks you out in person or text?

Which do you prefer and how would you want a guy to ask you out?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes there's a total difference. Texting and saying "hey (name) I have feelings for you. I could tell you this before because I was to scared. Will you date me?" Like wtf. Telling them on text seems more like your playing with them. You don't want to tell them face to face because you don't actually don't have feelings for them. If its face to face it would be like. "uh…hey…uh…I want to um.. I-I want to tell you…something for a long time…" girl: "SAY IT ALREADY MAN! HOLD YOSELF TOGETHER!" guy: "will you go out with me?" So the guy would be nervous because they don't want to be rejected form the girl they love. This shows the boy actually has deep feelings for her. yes I am 13 and if I am wrong. IDC

What Girls Said 13

• I prefer in person cause in text I can't really read his emotion and know if he means it, if he really wants to, if he's excited or nervous etc. All the key emotions I'd like to see.

• If it's for the first time... I'd sure like it to be in person

• I prefer when guys ask me out in person... but if the girl is on the shyer side, or you are, then a text would be nice too (:

• YES it does make a difference. Ask me out in person, ask me out writing on a piece of paper but no text messages please...

• Yes!! What kind of 'man' texts a girl asking her out? Talk about not having balls. Every girl wants a guy to ask her out in person and in private to make the moment seem special. And it doesn't really matter how the guy asks her out as long as it isn't a bullshit ask out like 'so you, me, go out?' No you'll get a slap instead of ass.

• I would say in a person, you can't really tell what the guy is actually feeling from a text! Plus, I personally think it would be boring to ask someone out over a text because there aren't feelings involved. You are just simply writing it down and it's not that romantic!

• Yes! Definitely does. Although a cute text message is sent, a girl gets all nervous and shy in person. We like to be showed off in public.

• Yes, I prefer in person

• In person of course!!

• I rather a man ask me out in person. It shows confidence and expression.

• If he met me in person then he needs to ask me out person. Otherwise he's a pansy not worthy of my time

• ask in person... much preferred

• In person or calling is always sweeter in my opinion.

What Guys Said 0