How can I hang out with a guy without him thinking I am interested in him?

I met this guy about 2 months ago. He's a really nice guy and does flirt at times. He seems like the type that would be awesome to hang out with. he's very respectful and attentive. I've heard him say that he is too busy to be in a relationship. recently I've texted him twice and he hasn't responded. Should I just forget about him or how can I hang out with him, without him thinking that I am interested in him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your acting like your interested in him.. but your not? If he's not replying to your texts, maybe he is busy or he is just playing the dating game.. you know.. the one where you pretend to have a life so the girl thinks your interesting.. lots of guys do that. and lots of girls do that too..

When hanging out with him, he won't be interested in you if you find out what annoys or turns him off and do that. If being pretentious turns him off, then be like that.. and he won't try to date your or whatnot... there is a fine line between "respectful and attentive" and the next step in a relationship.. He seems like one of those nice guys who is trying his hand at dating and doesn't want to be in the friend zone.. that's why he didn't reply to your texts.. he doesn't want you thinking "oh he's obsessed with me and he has nothing much going on".. you might not be thinking that but subconsciously that's exactly what goes on in girls' heads..

You don't want him interested him in you, then literally turn him off.. but don't straight up ask him what turns him off or on.. find out.. be slick.

What Guys Said 3

• That depends. I mean you're interested in him, but allegedly don't want any romantic involvement. But let's just get to the bottom of this. Are you attracted to him? Nevermind the implications of saying yes (or no). Do you think he'd be nice to snuggle with?

• A common mistake women friends of mine make is texting me with "what's up?" Or something. Most men like texts that are "hey I'm going to (list location/event), wanna come?" Open invites and sh*t. Don't make it a date. Pretty straightforward.

• Don't lead him on, flirt with him, and treat him like a "boyfriend," or you'll be giving him mixed messages.

Just.. treat him like a friend.

What Girls Said 3

• Well, what do you think his motivation for hanging out with you would be? A lot of times the activities that girls and guys enjoy don't match up. A couple of months ago I asked a co-worker about a guy I had met that I found out he knew. His answer to my questions about the guy was an honest one. He said "We drink beer together. We're guys. We don't really chat about our lives. We talk about sports and stuff like that.". He had a good point.

Girls, we love to chat about our lives, guys, our dreams for the future, etc. Not sure about you two, but do you know him enough to know that you have something in common that you would have a friendship over? Or are you actually interested in him but realize he is not interested in you like that so you hope to salvage some sort of connection to him out of it?

• So my understanding of this is you like him as a friend becuase he's a cool and nice guy. Most guys think that when a girl wants to hang out with them...its on a romantic level...that being said...if he was truly interested he'd be making more effort...so he may think ur interested and he's not interested. So you need to make it clear some how you just wanna be friends.

But as a friend though...he won't be as attentive as he would to a chick he's interested in.

Keep that in mind

• yes...but you have to establish that via text since he obviously doesn't seem interested anymore.