Do I ask him to prom?

There's a boy in one of my classes I've had a crush on for awhile. Prom is coming up and I'd really like to go with him. However, a friend of mine already asked him to go with her as a friend (she has a boyfriend so they're definitely only going as friends and he's aware of this). Do I ask her if I can ask him to be my date to prom? Or do I go with them as a group of friends and maybe get a chance to dance with him? Or will this mess up any friendship completely and I should just let it go? Any advice is appreciated! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• No. ------

What Guys Said 2

• Lol wtf @ the girl who has a boyfriend going with another guy who isn't her boyfriend? The fuck?

• Ask him! You have nothing to lose! Go for it!!!

What Girls Said 3

• If someone already asked him (especially your friend) you shouldn't ask him. HOWEVER, you can ask her if it woukd ve alright if you asked him to dance with you once you are there. If she says yes, which she should since they are just friends, then you go up to this guy and say, "____ said it would be fine if I danced with you... you wanna?"

• No, if you like a guy go for him! it would only mess up a friendship if your friend liked him herself.

• Ask her can you ask him, so their is no fall out.